Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

1. Jack the Giant Slayer, £1.24m from 484 sites. Total: £3.79m

5. The Host, £991,000 from 432 sites (New)

6. Oz the Great and Powerful, £976,000 from 521 sites. Total: £11.87m

7. Identity Thief, £768,000 from 441 sites. Total: £2.94m

8. Side Effects, £347,000 from 291 sites. Total: £4.11m

9. Finding Nemo 3D, £265,000 from 327 sites (New)

10. In the House, £209,000 (New)

I don't think they are yet. Monsters Inc and Nemo got pretty much dumped in the end after their poor US performances (Nemo especially). JP has potential as the last rerelease had Zero advertising, and it's still a popular film. Can it hit as high as Titanic and The Lion King? It's unlikely, but it should still do a solid job in August.

It definitely makes it seem as if Rise of the Guardians failure was just a misstep not a sign of DW franchise fatigue so to speak. We've had a cracking start to the year for animated films haven't we.

The Croods is great but I did enjoy Guardians, Both WIR and Croods have the advantage of no similar competition, I think Croods will likely have a similar total to Ralph, I wonder how Obilivion will do? Its had heavy marketing and with Tom Cruise, I think a £4-5m opening is likely, even Battleship last year did £3.8m for its five day opening.

That's a GIGANTIC week for The Croods! Another week of holidays coming up, it should definitely beat WIR now. Could end up grossing £25m. Pretty massive success.

Yeah just realised Croods had around a £7M week in all, amazing!