Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

1 Iron Man 3 (Walt Disney) £13,711,048 £13,711,0482 Olympus Has Fallen (Lionsgate) £913,370 £4,003,9123 Oblivion (Universal) £682,543 £9,453,5444 The Croods (20th Century Fox) £605,589 £24,485,6935 Evil Dead (Studiocanal) £538,466 £2,560,3316 The Place Beyond The Pines (Studiocanal) £422,035 £2,403,4647 The Look Of Love (Studiocanal) £208,557 £208,5578 Scary Movie 5 (Entertainment) £162,231 £2,344,4739 Love Is All You Need (Arrow Films) £129,465 £506,87510 Oz: The Great And Powerful (Walt Disney) £70,191 £14,987,064

Could IM3 win the year? It has a good chance at passing Les Mis and Hobbit will probably drop from the first one. STID and MOS will have to get phenomenal WOM to come close, and I don't think MU will pull a TS3. I don't see anything else that could challenge IM3, unless there's a breakout UK hit that I've missed.

It definitely won't beat The Hobbit. That'll likely do over £50m again in the holoday season. Monsters Inc is incredibly popular here. It won't come anywhere close to TS3's £74m, but it could do over £40m, maybe even £50m. Les Mis also made £40m, whereas IM3 may just fall short of the mark with STID, TH3, F&F6, Epic and The Great Gatsby to contend with in May.

Catching Fire could also explode.

We all know Alan Partridge is going to anhihilate The Inbetweeners right? ;)In all honesty, I see a drop for The Hobbit to £45m, which would make it the first in the franchise under £50m which is insane. I think Thor could be a real dark horse here this year. The first was the biggest non-Iron Man Avengers film in phase 1, and has arguably the most popular character in the MCU.Catching Fire is also a wild card? How much will it rise, or more importantly, will it rise? It will obviously batter the OW of the first, but our market is a weird one.

Edited by Schumacher FTW

I was just going through some charts. How the fuck did Skyfall gross £16.1m in its 2nd weekend!?  :lol:

And then £10.5m in its 3rd! 

I don't think we'll ever see a more shocking run.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

I was just going through some charts. How the fuck did Skyfall gross £16.1m in its 2nd weekend!?  :lol:

And then £10.5m in its 3rd! 

I don't think we'll ever see a more shocking run.

Skyfall was a beast!

IM3 won't get close to Avengers and won't be biggest of 2013.

Catching Fire could double, triple Hunger Games even.