Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

On 5/28/2023 at 5:23 PM, Krissykins said:

Wonder if Monday can be its biggest day. If so, it’s 4 day would be over Aladdin’s 5 day. 

3 hours ago, UKBoxOffice said:

today will be the biggest day

That’s good to hear. 

Just seen it in IMAX and really enjoyed it. Does what it says on the tin, Halle’s voice is beautiful. 

Preferred it to all of the other Disney remakes I’ve seen. 

For this coming weekend comparisons:

“With £2.28m including previews, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse lands in second place. However, that number is inflated by significant previews – strip them out and the superhero animation achieved £1.24m.”

Source: Guardian

It was December and just before schools stopped. 

Edited by Krissykins

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

It has a 4 day opening and English schools are off the Thursday and Friday. But the weather is predicted to be even nicer this weekend. 

Just Thursday night, but those evening shows look really busy. Odeon Leicester Square is busier than I've ever seen for an animated movie. 

1 hour ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Just Thursday night, but those evening shows look really busy. Odeon Leicester Square is busier than I've ever seen for an animated movie. 

Yeh! The IMAX showing is the busiest of the 3 here. Guessing with the evening showings and the fact that IMAX is the busiest option, this is playing older too. 

Still waiting on this weekends showtimes so that I can book The Boogeyman. Spider Verse animation style hurts my eyes/head (I know I’m in the minority here lol). 

Yeah, this is absolutely skewing older than usual for an animated film. Will definitely be an interesting weekend for sure, especially if the weather gets better again. 

You're not the only one that isn't a fan of the art style, I know a few people the same, can't please everyone and that's no bad thing. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Yeah, this is absolutely skewing older than usual for an animated film. Will definitely be an interesting weekend for sure, especially if the weather gets better again. 

You're not the only one that isn't a fan of the art style, I know a few people the same, can't please everyone and that's no bad thing. 

it's spider-man. just under Homecoming's £9,369,846 is my target.

7 hours ago, Krissykins said:

It has a 4 day opening and English schools are off the Thursday and Friday. But the weather is predicted to be even nicer this weekend. 

Wish I was where you are. According to the forecasts, Saturday is the coolest and most overcast day of the week near me 😂

Spider-Verse looking busy but not crazy near me, Thursday evening looks packed for the IMAX, but it seems to cool off quite significantly throughout the weekend. I’m sure it’ll pull in the family walk-up crowd on Saturday/Sunday though.

Tickets for The Flash have been on sale at The Light near me for about a week too (curiously not at Cineworld yet though) and it looks quite grim, opening day has sold 15 tickets across the four main evening shows…

Edited by SnokesLegs

Weekend Numbers FSS 

Film Distributor Weeks on release Weekend Total Total Box Office
1 The Little Mermaid Walt Disney 1 £5,012,929 £5,012,929
2 Fast X Universal Pictures 2 £2,257,834 £10,203,511
3 Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3 Walt Disney 4 £1,594,929 £31,658,650
4 Super Mario Bros. Universal Pictures 8 £292,155 £52,260,294
5 Hypnotic Warner Bros. 1 £217,252 £217,252
6 Sisu Sony Pictures 1 £144,567 £144,567
7 Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret Lionsgate UK 2 £95,034 £617,219
8 Tomorrow X Together Again National Amusements 1 £66,961 £66,961
9 Sleeping Beauty – ROH, London 2023 (Ballet), The Royal Opera House 1 £64,370 £448,062
10 Beau Is Afraid Sony Pictures 2 £63,343 £429,104
11 Evil Dead Rise STUDIOCANAL 6 £43,062 £5,405,332
12 Godday Godday Chaa Zee Studios International 1 £41,027 £53,887
13 Full Time Parkland Entertainment 1 £31,440 £31,440
14 Book Club: The Next Chapter Universal Pictures 3 £25,660 £1,010,049
15 The Kerala Story 2G Entertainments Ltd 3 £24,911 £103,036

Source: Comscore

• Like 1

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

it's spider-man. just under Homecoming's £9,369,846 is my target.

The last one opened to £1.2m so that would be incredible. 

31 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Wish I was where you are. According to the forecasts, Saturday is the coolest and most overcast day of the week near me 😂

Scotland too, it’s surprising. 24° right now and forecast in the 22-25° range til at least a week on Thursday. A pleasant surprise. 

• Like 1