Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

2 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Oppenheimer is benefiting immensely from this zeitgeist. Saw a lot younger crowd tonight, who no doubt would have never bought tickets to a 3hr biopic if it wasn't for Barbenheimer. This two titles will dominate August as well.

August isn't too bad in terms of new releases this year unlike last year. Meg 2 should do okay as well as TMNT. Interestingly those two titles are splitting PLFs like 4DX. 

3 minutes ago, UKBoxOffice said:

Based on current figures I'm thinking £5m+ today for Barbie and £2.3m+ for Oppenheimer.

Interesting, I’m expecting minimum £6m for Barbie. £5m seems kind of low given the crazy sell outs all over the country

Edited by Heretic

8 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Interesting, I’m expecting minimum £6m for Barbie. £5m seems kind of low given the crazy sell outs all over the country

Barbie has limited PLFs and screen capacity so £5m or so would be incredible, anything higher is very difficult to achieve unlike with something like Bond or NWH etc which have maximum screens and all the PLFs 

48 minutes ago, Rtheimer said:

Go 6 & 3

Huge for both. I guess £7m for Barbie was a stretch considering the limited PLFs, so a fantastic number. Looking like £16-17m OW.

Oppenheimer number is amazing with its long run time. Hope it can match Dunkirk’s £10m, but maybe £9m looks more realistic.

Will be interesting to see how they both hold today. Barbie already had very strong daytime business as schools broke up yesterday although probably a lot of its target audience are older and work. It does seem like the type of film that is quite frontloaded though, so I think maybe flat or a slight decrease. Oppenheimer I think similar given showtime constraints. 

Excellent numbers for both. My local added 8 additional showings of Barbie for today. So 22 showings. 

Last night the cinema was so packed that I can’t imagine Barbie could increase. Oppenheimer could because most of its business would’ve been evening and night only. 

25 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Excellent numbers for both. My local added 8 additional showings of Barbie for today. So 22 showings. 

Last night the cinema was so packed that I can’t imagine Barbie could increase. Oppenheimer could because most of its business would’ve been evening and night only. 

Yeah, if you consider with all films yesterday probably bringing in over £10m, there is not much capacity left in the market. Even saw a few sellouts for MI7 and Insidious, and Elemental is doing well

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1