Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

8 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Not necessarily, they’ve been rating things quite close to release lately (e.g. Borderlands was rated the week before release), so I don’t think it definitely means they’re having a back and forth with WB or anything.

Still wouldn’t be surprised with a 15 though, it does have more 15 rated trailers than 12’s which isn’t a good sign for a 12A.

I actually think they are having a back and forth, Cineworld taking child tickets off sale for example. 

Had a look at some of 2024 and can’t find any 12A’s that had any trailers rated a 15. 

Warner Bros have said to cinemas they expect a 12A, but you never know. I expect the delay is working out if it's worth making the necessary cuts to achieve that certificate. It's not at all unusual for these things to go down to the final week, but it does make it difficult for cinemas doing advance sales.

Alien kicked off top spot on Monday.

Monday

1. IEWU £641k

2. Alien £625k

3. D&W £463k

4. DM4 £419k

5. IO2 £188k

• Like 3
  • Heart 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 3

IEWU makes very interesting numbers on the  weekdays comparing to its (very good too) weekend numbers. 

That's a proof the audience it's not only young girls on a saturday afternoon but for a more mature female target too. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

IEWU makes very interesting numbers on the  weekdays comparing to its (very good too) weekend numbers. 

That's a proof the audience it's not only young girls on a saturday afternoon but for a more mature female target too. 

It’s also rated a 15 here, so the younger teens will have a more difficult time seeing it. I need to catch it soon. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I actually think they are having a back and forth, Cineworld taking child tickets off sale for example. 

Had a look at some of 2024 and can’t find any 12A’s that had any trailers rated a 15. 

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice has officially been Rated 12A in the UK for ‘moderate horror, gore, violence, sex, drug references, language’ now.

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

1 hour ago, themadagascarmaster said:

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice has officially been Rated 12A in the UK for ‘moderate horror, gore, violence, sex, drug references, language’ now.

Woohoo! It was a must, IMO. Sounds like they got a lot in a 12A. No cuts listed on the BBFC either so that’s good: 

Edited by Krissykins

The fact the gap is fairly small between IEWU and Alien makes me wonder if the former is doing better in upmarket cinemas. Not to stereotype but I could envision the target audience for IEWU is more likely to spend a bit more and go to say Everyman and get a great night night rather than go to a multiplex.

Edited by Jonwo
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, UKBoxOffice said:

Deadpool will pass £50m today

DM4 is over £40m

Inside Out £56m

Twisters and It Ends With Us have passed £13m

Pretty decent summer really

Looks like IEWU will break the £20-40m deadzone for this summer as well which was the biggest knock against this summer if we're being honest

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Great Summer but i forgot how Barbie was huge huge in the UK...96M 😱 and Oppenheimer was of course very big in the uk too ( 60M).

So these two movies alone made 156M last Summer. Crazy. But It wasn't granted for inside out 2 and Deadpool to make 50M more so the UK industry can be happy for how the things turned out this Summer too.

Edited by vale9001

7 minutes ago, GreenbackBoogie said:

Does Wolfs come out in the UK on September 20th as its not on FDA release calendar (but are others that have been missing in the past) 

Wolfs theatrical release was cancelled by Sony. It seems Apple gave up to give it a theatrical release. I heard Sony and Apple relationship got spoiled since Apple (for some reason) decided to give WB the distribution of F1, when Sony had secured them a major release slot in July (Fly me to the moon) and &220M+ for Napoleon. At this point, Apple seems to be lost in theatrical distribution business.

Edited by leoh

21 hours ago, Krissykins said:

£2m+ first day? Yes. 

Hopefully it picks up, but it does seem to look quite quiet around me as well, nowhere near the ticket sales we’re seeing in the US. My local has sold 8 tickets for the main evening showing, and the IMAX at Cineworld seems to have sold about 20 in a 550 seat auditorium. Still two weeks out though so it’ll no doubt pick up, especially now child tickets are on sale.

4 hours ago, UKBoxOffice said:

The openers are quiet. Looks like It Ends With Us will be #1 today

20 million pounds is possible then, right?

Edited by leoh