Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

1. Brave, £2,371,691 from 556 sites. Total: £13,259,610

2. Ted, £1,692,883 from 503 sites. Total: £25,620,707

3. The Bourne Legacy, £1,596,289 from 507 sites. Total: £7,828,435

4. The Dark Knight Rises, £1,378,717 from 398 sites. Total: £52,534,102

5. Keith Lemon: The Film, £1,196,310 from 420 sites (New)

6. The Expendables 2, £1,028,904 from 462 sites. Total: £4,316,173

7. The Three Stooges, £509,324 from 350 sites (New)

8. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days, £424,206 from 465 sites. Total: £6,217,366

9. Ice Age 4: Continental Drift, £331,851 from 375 sites. Total: £28,381,351

10. The Imposter, £252,170 from 49 sites (New)

With bank holiday Monday included, Brave is at £14.4m and should be around £17m by Sunday.

Ted is over £26m with Monday, and is heading to over £30m. Absolutely fantastic run.

That's decent for TBL. It'll hit £10m.TDKR is at £53.1m with Monday included. It's run has been astounding. Could be around £54.5 by Sunday, heading for possibly £57m, which is $90.3m!!!! That'd be more than TDK, even with a very poor exchange rate.

IA4 still chugging along. Should hit £30m.

Edited by Heretic

1. Brave, £2,371,691 from 556 sites. Total: £13,259,610

2. Ted, £1,692,883 from 503 sites. Total: £25,620,707

3. The Bourne Legacy, £1,596,289 from 507 sites. Total: £7,828,435

4. The Dark Knight Rises, £1,378,717 from 398 sites. Total: £52,534,102

5. Keith Lemon: The Film, £1,196,310 from 420 sites (New)

6. The Expendables 2, £1,028,904 from 462 sites. Total: £4,316,173

7. The Three Stooges, £509,324 from 350 sites (New)

8. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days, £424,206 from 465 sites. Total: £6,217,366

9. Ice Age 4: Continental Drift, £331,851 from 375 sites. Total: £28,381,351

10. The Imposter, £252,170 from 49 sites (New)

With bank holiday Monday included, Brave is at £14.4m and should be around £17m by Sunday.

Ted is over £26m with Monday, and is heading to over £30m. Absolutely fantastic run.

That's decent for TBL. It'll hit £10m.TDKR is at £53.1m with Monday included. It's run has been astounding. Could be around £54.5 by Sunday, heading for possibly £57m, which is $90.3m!!!! That'd be more than TDK, even with a very poor exchange rate.

IA4 still chugging along. Should hit £30m.

Top 10 of all time, Tdkr is huge

Stupid Total RecallStill has BFI

Which it's still doing extremely well in.The Watch opens today too. Won't do anything really significant either, imo.The Possession opens on Friday. I've seen a hell of a lot of advertising, but it'll probably only do around £1m.

Which it's still doing extremely well in.The Watch opens today too. Won't do anything really significant either, imo.The Possession opens on Friday. I've seen a hell of a lot of advertising, but it'll probably only do around £1m.

only? £1m would be good for The Possession.

Anybody got a dollar conversion for last weekends grosses yet? BOM seems to be taking forever to put one up this week and I'm wary of using Variety's because they have the gross for TE2 at $6.7m and that is to Aug 30 apparently. But it can't be because it made $7m upto Aug 26. Variety has a weird way of reporting.

TR was off about 42 % from wed opening We-Th be about lc970, Brave was still easily #1 on thurs, followed by TR then Ted, Watch & BL neck& neck 4/5

Do you have any numbers for Brave? I imagine it'll be around £16.5m, so it could get to £18m or so by Sunday.

Anybody got a dollar conversion for last weekends grosses yet? BOM seems to be taking forever to put one up this week and I'm wary of using Variety's because they have the gross for TE2 at $6.7m and that is to Aug 30 apparently. But it can't be because it made $7m upto Aug 26. Variety has a weird way of reporting.

It's rather annoying that BOM seem to update every market, every week, except for the UK...Screendaily have dollar conversion charts too, which they actually update every week. According to them though, it is at $6.8m, so that must be right. http://boxoffice.screendaily.com/countries/9/charts/latest

Is anyone seeing weird mixes of schedules around them. Between my two locals, the only true consistency is that they both have Total Recall on an uninterupted screen. Cineworld have still got TDKR and TE2, and have brought in the Stooges, while Odeon are still running Step Up 4 there and handing the Possesion more shows than my local cineworld. I don't know what's with my local odeon, but they never appear to have the correct schedule.

It's rather annoying that BOM seem to update every market, every week, except for the UK...Screendaily have dollar conversion charts too, which they actually update every week.According to them though, it is at $6.8m, so that must be right. http://boxoffice.scr...9/charts/latest

Hmmm. I'll wait to see what BOM shows on the update. But I could have sworn it was at $7m upto the 26th. Anyhow, how does Variety know what it made up until Aug 30th? I was under the impression that actuals were released once a week for a Friday-Sunday gross (and including the cume total).

Hmmm. I'll wait to see what BOM shows on the update. But I could have sworn it was at $7m upto the 26th. Anyhow, how does Variety know what it made up until Aug 30th? I was under the impression that actuals were released once a week for a Friday-Sunday gross (and including the cume total).

It only opened to $3.1m, so $6.8m does sound about right. Where did you get the $7m number from?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/foreign-box-office-expendables-2-365484

In Spain, Expendables 2 opened via Aurum at some 315 situations, drawing an estimated $2.5 million. In the U.K. via Lionsgate, the film’s distributor in the U.S. and Canada, the sequel pulled in its No. 6 second round an estimated $1.8 million from some 465 sites, down 33% from the opening weekend. U.K. cume stands at about $7 million.

That was upto and including Aug 26th.

Now, Variety is indicating that it has only grossed $6.7m upto and including the 30th Aug. Four more days and it has decreased in gross?

I understand that the THR $7m gross could have been off, but off by 300k PLUS 4 more days of grosses? No chance it was off by that much.

Variety always have weird totals and dates for those totals. What was the date on the Screen Daily $6.8m?

http://www.hollywood...dables-2-365484

In Spain, Expendables 2 opened via Aurum at some 315 situations, drawing an estimated $2.5 million. In the U.K. via Lionsgate, the film’s distributor in the U.S. and Canada, the sequel pulled in its No. 6 second round an estimated $1.8 million from some 465 sites, down 33% from the opening weekend. U.K. cume stands at about $7 million.

That was upto and including Aug 26th.

Now, Variety is indicating that it has only grossed $6.7m upto and including the 30th Aug. Four more days and it has decreased in gross?

I understand that the THR $7m gross could have been off, but off by 300k PLUS 4 more days of grosses? No chance it was off by that much.

Variety always have weird totals and dates for those totals. What was the date on the Screen Daily $6.8m?

THR's report was from the weekend, so they estimated roughly $7m in total, up to the 26th. With actuals, it actually came down to $6.8m, as screen-daily reported. Or $6.7m, but they fluctuate due to the time posted, and the exchnage rate at the time it was converted.

Variety must have meant up to the 26th too, not the 30th.

Edited by Heretic