Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

We should do a mini-prediction game each week for each weekend at the UK box-office.Like predict what each new release will make in £ on OW and therefore where it will rank amongst all new-releases that weekend (which will include previews). So we ignore holdover films to make it quick and easy. Then at the end of the year 2012, total up who had the most wins. Only 1 person wins each weekend (the closest guess to the actual gross).Why?Bored so thought it would be fun. You can guess some weekends and skip others if you want and you guess every Monday so preview figures do not affect our judgement.Also will liven up the UK thread during the slow, cold autumn and winter.

We should do a mini-prediction game each week for each weekend at the UK box-office.Like predict what each new release will make in £ on OW and therefore where it will rank amongst all new-releases that weekend (which will include previews). So we ignore holdover films to make it quick and easy. Then at the end of the year 2012, total up who had the most wins. Only 1 person wins each weekend (the closest guess to the actual gross).Why?Bored so thought it would be fun. You can guess some weekends and skip others if you want and you guess every Monday so preview figures do not affect our judgement.Also will liven up the UK thread during the slow, cold autumn and winter.

Guess I will play by myself next week then. :popcorn:

Anyway, Top 10 Summer films of 2012:

1 The Dark Knight Rises, £54.5m

2 Marvel Avengers Assemble, £51.8m

3 Ice Age 4: Continental Drift, £29.1m

4 Ted, £28.1m

5 The Amazing Spider-Man, £25.8m

6 Prometheus, £24.7m

7 Men in Black 3, £22.0m

8 Brave, £17.9m

9 American Pie: Reunion, £16.8m

10 Snow White and the Huntsman, £15.8m

Edited by JCS

Anyway, Top 10 Summer films of 2012:

1 The Dark Knight Rises, £54.5m

2 Marvel Avengers Assemble, £51.8m

3 Ice Age 4: Continental Drift, £29.1m

4 Ted, £28.1m

5 The Amazing Spider-Man, £25.8m

6 Prometheus, £24.7m

7 Men in Black 3, £22.0m

8 Brave, £17.9m

9 American Pie: Reunion, £16.8m

10 Snow White and the Huntsman, £15.8m

Bourne should squeeze in there before it's all over.

Bourne should squeeze in there before it's all over.

I doubt it actually, it needed another £5.9M from Sunday and it probably will not make that before the end of it's run especially as the summer is now over and admissions decline.

Oh well.

Yeah, BL did not do great here in the UK compared to other films in the Bourne franchise. I think that the fact it was a 'reboot' is not good here and also explains TASM's decline too.But the UK still had a really great summer BO in 2012 when you consider that hugely popular events like the Euro 2012 football tournament and the London Olympics took up huge chunks of the season.

Yeah, BL did not do great here in the UK compared to other films in the Bourne franchise. I think that the fact it was a 'reboot' is not good here and also explains TASM's decline too.But the UK still had a really great summer BO in 2012 when you consider that hugely popular events like the Euro 2012 football tournament and the London Olympics took up huge chunks of the season.

Aw man. I just checked mojo and see that BU made 47m usd in UK. That's a big drop off.But yeah. UK had some winners. Especially Ted. Who knew that thing would become so popular worldwide?

Anna Karenina seems to be doing very well this evening. Dredd looks like it's doing alright too. Infact, none of the openers look particularly bad at the moment. But I guess it's too late to enter for this weekend..but here's my predictions anyway.Anna Karenina - £2mDredd - £1.5mLawless - £1.2mThat's My Boy - £0.7m