Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

I've only just gone back to college. I'm telling you, it's so damn weird being 4 years older than the rest of the class. A guy was wearing a Ghostbusters shirt earlier and seemed baffled when I pointed that out to him.

Hahaha sounds like the class dope.. College is better than being stuck in a job you hate though so I guess that's good.

Hahaha sounds like the class dope.. College is better than being stuck in a job you hate though so I guess that's good.

It is indeed. It feels weird being looked up to just because i'm older, but it's a laugh most of the time. The work's not too tricky towards the BTEC which is a plus. Shame 3D Modelling's a pain in the arse though.

It is indeed. It feels weird being looked up to just because i'm older, but it's a laugh most of the time. The work's not too tricky towards the BTEC which is a plus. Shame 3D Modelling's a pain in the arse though.

What course are you doing?

BTEC extended IT. Taking two years and costing me £1200 per year, plus £90 deposit and £169 registration. Rediculous amount of money for me, but I hope to get a leg up out of this.

Ah, that's pretty good. IT courses lead on to quite a wide variety of different careers, I'm sure. Fees are so high nowadays. I'm just glad Student loans exist...

1 Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted (Paramount) £6,030,904 £6,030,9042 Paranormal Activity 4 (Paramount) £2,544,701 £2,544,7013 Taken 2 (20th Century Fox) £2,264,856 £18,551,0874 Hotel Transylvania (Sony £1,023,722 £3,375,2805 Looper (eOne) £781,211 £9,017,3326 Frankenweenie (Walt Disney) £741,683 £815,4237 Sinister (Momentum) £711,918 £5,089,9688 The Perks Of Being A Wallflower (eOne) £213,091 £1,950,0949 Beasts Of The Southern Wild (Studiocanal) £181,801 £181,80110 Brave (Walt Disney) £176,827 £21,930,374

Madagascar 3 will definitely hit £20M+ but at the expense of HT and Frankenweenie which are both doing average/poorly.Glad Beasts of the Southern Wild made it into the Top 10, enjoyed it when I saw it on Friday!

HT held up okay, should be able to do £10m with half term coming up. Frankenweenie did terrible as did PA4.

I can't see HT even getting to £10M with Madagascar 3 dominating!

Back to Skyfall screenings...I know Vue Westfield London is #1 but it has: 115 shows just over the 3 day weekend!

Thought it would be closer to 80 like the other big cinemas have but 115 shows at just 1 cinema, wow!

115?!?!?! That is monumentally insane! Can't wait to see how many shows Trafford Centre Odeon gets.

Only has 34 for the whole weekend at the moment...they need to add some more I think!

At the moment it's Deathly Hallows 1 with about £18m in second and Quantum of Solace in third with £15m

Nothing getting close to DH2 for now.

But TDKR had summer weekdays. Would be interesting to see if it can beat its total.Requires 56.2m for that.

Skyfall has a great chance of beating TDKR's total Fake!

The Cineworld in Glasgow is 18 Screens, I've been and its huge although the AMC Empire in NY has 25 screens. Not sure what the biggest cinema in terms of screen, might be Cineworld Sheffield.

Vue Westfield London has only 17 screens but by far the most Skyfall showings.