Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

ZDT will be bigger than Lincoln, mainly as it's getting a wider release. Any one else think it's nuts that the Top 4 this weekend cominh is likely to combine to around 11 hours worth of movie!

You could do a film day with just three of them. I'm surprised Lincoln not getting a wider release, would have thought Daniel Day-Lewis, Spielberg and Abraham Lincoln would be a bigger draw than Jessica Chastain and Kathryn Bigelow, do think Lincoln will have more appeal with older audiences, Edited by Jonwo

They would never open big anyway. LoP and Les Mis have been able to break into the mainstream audience massively. Django will probably too as it should comfortably pass £10m, maybe even £15m by the end of its run. Lincoln and ZDT will do well, but not on the same scale because they don't appeal to the same mass audience. But you never know. They may catch on.

Compared to all the expectations I guess it is, but considering it's not as popular a book as Rings is these days here it's not too bad. Kind of shocked that it's completely gone around me already though.

I think Life of Pi and stronger January competition hurt the Hobbit, think the next one will do better business. £50m is still a fantastic total, it's not dissapointing at all,

TH did ok, but considering that all LOTR films are in the all time top 10, it is disappointing that it lost to TA and TDKR.

Friday numbers: Les Mis £0.9m, Django £0.58m, Lincoln has a decent start £0.35m, ZDT not so much with £0.250. Movie 43 did ok with £0.2m, TLS flopping hard with £0.120m

• Like 1

Les Mis is likely to stay on top for at least two more weeks, think Wreck it Ralph or I Give it a Year may dethrone it if not then I think A Good Day to Die Hard will claim the top spot. Next weeks major releases are Flight and Bullet to the Head and I think Flight will be top five at least, it's been promoted very heavily.

Edited by Jonwo