Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

People moan about Disney holding back releases but it works in their favour since there is little competition.

Oh I agree from a financial point of view, this allows them a virtually unimpeded school holiday minus 2011, but as a film fan it's really annoying when you see the rest of the world getting this stuff before us.
  • Like 1

Oh I agree from a financial point of view, this allows them a virtually unimpeded school holiday minus 2011, but as a film fan it's really annoying when you see the rest of the world getting this stuff before us.

It's better than it used to be, it used to be much longer delay but now its day and date for most major releases or even a week or two earlier releases. Tangled was still a huge hit but I think with less competition could have been bigger. WIR has until The Croods comes out so it'll have a good run, will be interesting how The Croods does as it faces GI Joe as its main competition, Edited by Jonwo

Song For Marion is only getting quite a small release.. we wanted it but the distributor wouldn't let us have it until week 2.

Can't be that small, I've seen more Cineworld's getting it than Cloud Atlas including my local one. I didn't realise until yesterday that it existed, or that Mama was coming out on Friday.

Cloud Atlas did badly in the USA so they are expecting to not do well here either I guess, hence the limited release for it.

Finally saw WIR, brilliant film and was very busy with plenty of teens and adults too. Going to have a massive half-term.

Edited by JCS

January was a mamoth month for the UK. 17,081,700 admission. Way bigger than any January in the past 10 years, and almost bigger than any month from the whole of last year! Great start for the year. February's looking good so far too.

That's insane.