Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

I'm not reporting much because the box office is dead, only shit films are playing in the cinema. Oz was ok, but expected to do a lot more.

This weekend, Jack will flop to less than £1.5m. Croods will do roughly £2.5m, Identity Thief £1.3m. Trance and GI Joe open on Wednesday.

Edited by Alfred Beyond The Pines

Offset by a gigantic January, though. 2 month total over 31m, 2nd highest since at least 2005, just below 2011..

True I suppose. Let's hope it can keep up the pace, need a solid March which is not looking great.

I'm not reporting much because the box office is dead, only shit films are playing in the cinema. Oz was ok, but expected to do a lot more.

This weekend, Jack will flop to less than £1.5m. Croods will do roughly £2.5m, Identity Thief £1.3m. Trance and GI Joe open on Wednesday.

Fair enough to be honest, not a sparky BO at the moment.

That is without previews for Croods right? It already has £1.7M that will be added to OW so with £2.5M it should do around £3.7M+ OW which would be good going into Easter.

Jack should flop too like in the US and Identity Thief may surprise as it has done well in the US and not been a good comedy in a while.

GI Joe 2 will be big.

Fair enough to be honest, not a sparky BO at the moment.That is without previews for Croods right? It already has £1.7M that will be added to OW so with £2.5M it should do around £3.7M+ OW which would be good going into Easter.Jack should flop too like in the US and Identity Thief may surprise as it has done well in the US and not been a good comedy in a while.GI Joe 2 will be big.

You raise a good point JCS, when was the last comedy that came out that wasn't Burt Wonderstone?

GI Joe 2 won't be big. I don't see more than £1.5m from previews. Trance will do well, I expect £1m Wed-Thu. Croods should be near £4m come Sunday.

We will see, I think it will do well.

Trance could be hit or miss.

You raise a good point JCS, when was the last comedy that came out that wasn't Burt Wonderstone?

Can't remember a straight comedy in a while, at least no big ones like Ted...etc.

I imagine the openers this week will have good holds next week plus the opening of GI Joe and The Host. Oblivion been getting a lot of promotion. I think it should do £3-5m for its opening.

Edited by Jonwo