Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

The first film did £25.9m total so AGoS will outgross within the next few days.A Monster in Paris should do better at half term, only other kiddy competition during that week is The Muppets and Journey 2.Has This Means War been pushed as it says it's been released on March 2nd with previews on Valentine's Day? Seems odd to have previews and not show it for two weeks unless Fox has cocked up the marketing.

Edited by Jonwo

Just saw an ad with the new release date. This is a very odd move on Fox's part. I would have thought they'd want to strike while the iron was hot in regards to the Valentines shows, as they are guarenteed to be big here. I haven't seen anything else that even vaguely appeals to the date crowd coming out in the next two weeks.

how do people think The Hunger Games will do over here?

I think it'll do well but I don't know how big the fanbase is in the UK compared to Potter and Twilight, I have read the books and they're really good books. It faces Wrath of the Titans and The Pirates! a week later.I'm more interested in how John Carter does.

And we aren't getting Madagascar until October, but it would be better if that didn't infect my home away from home.

Madagascar I understand is to take advantage of half term and not get hurt by The Olympics, Ice Age, The Lorax and Brave in July and August. But it faces Frankenweenie and Hotel Transylvania which come out in the previous two weeks.