Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

epic (since release), f&f (starts tomorrow), gatsby (since release) and star trek (since release) for the week starting tomorrow.

had to push the hangover back to the 31st here, so we'll have had that and F&F a week late just because there is so much out at the moment.

then we're back on release with all the major films through june - after earth, superman, WWZ and despicable me.

what does everyone think pacific rim is going to do over here? it's going up against monsters U which seems brave

Probably not very well. Maybe £10-15m, but not more than that. Monsters University could be the biggest of the summer, considering how popular Monsters Inc is here. £40m+ is definitely a possibility with it opening right on time for summer break.

DM2 could do £25-30m, although it's run will be cut short by MU. It's been a great year for animation so far.

I have faith that Pacific Rim will crack at least £4m on opening weekend. The pro-cinema ad using footage from the film got a pretty good reception during my Fast 6 screening on Friday evening, so I'm hoping that people are going to be interested in it. Still can't get my girlfriend interested in it though, and yet she can't wait for WWZ next month :(

the premier for World War Z is pretty early in June so hopefully that means that Paramount are confident it will get decent word of mouth

Hopefully it's a decent film but I don't see it being a big hit especially if the word of mouth from Man of Steel is great,

WWZ I'm unsure about, it's been promoted with trailers but the fact it's had problems make me think its a stinker. I'm most looking forward to Man of Steel, DM2 and This is the End.

I can't wait for Man of Steel, but my girlfriend's really resisting on that too. Mainly because it isn't the people from Smallville. I wonder if she isn't the only one thinking like that?

I can't wait for Man of Steel, but my girlfriend's really resisting on that too. Mainly because it isn't the people from Smallville. I wonder if she isn't the only one thinking like that?

I doubt it'll affect the box office, to many people its just another Superman film,

Pacific Rim will have a decent IMAX run, that should help. Hangover 3 will disappoint, but still crack some decent business if you compare it to other comedies and not to TH and TH2.

There's a good number of comedies this year from both sides of the Atlantic like This is the End, The Heat, Grown Ups 2, Kick Ass 2 And We're the Millers from the US and The Worlds End and Alan Partridge from the UK, think The Worlds End will do well, not sure on Alan Partridge,

Heretic, can IM3 still push for $60M? Or is that too high?

I don't think so, there's way too much competition now for it to sustain legs good enough to reach that total. It'll probably end somewhere around $55m.

• Like 1