Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

June admissions at 13,029,685. Biggest since at least 2005, as that's as far as data goes back. Excellent, especially following such a huge May, too. Pity July has suffered, though.

The strong May and June have made up for a underwhelming July, there hasn't been a big film in July like in previous years like Potter, Inception, TDKR etc

Should have been Monsters Uni but that didn't exactly go to plan.

Monsters U should have a great run,the 18% drop was encouraging considering the very hot weather, it'll easily break £20m unless Smurfs 2 over performs.I think the next big grossing films will likely be Wolverine, Elysium, Thor the Dark World, Catching Fire, Frozen and The Hobbit DoS but I won't count out films like The Conjuring, Alan Partridge, About Time, Cloudy 2 and Enders Game, The Conjuring has had very good marketing.

I'm most excited for Catching Fire's run. It's going to absolutely explode on OW. Could easily get into the top 3 openings of the year I think.

As for The Hobbit, I don't know what's gonna happen. Could drop a little, but there's definitely room for an increase.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

I'm most excited for Catching Fire's run. It's going to absolutely explode on OW. Could easily get into the top 3 openings of the year I think. As for The Hobbit, I don't know what's gonna happen. Could drop a little, but there's definitely room for an increase.

The competition is slightly tougher this year with Walking with Dinosaurs, Anchorman 2 and Jack Ryan but I think it'll easily be number 1 for a year unless CF manages to do more than £40m.

1 Les Miserables (2012) UPI $63,201,221 1/11

2 Iron Man 3 Disney $61,611,431 4/25

3 Despicable Me 2 UPI $45,775,998 6/28

4 Man of Steel Warner Bros. $45,652,953 6/14

5 The Croods Fox $39,945,541 3/22

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/uk/yearly/

I don't trust a lot of BOM data there s lot missing and don't even get me started on currency conversions.

in $gbp

1-LM 40.657m

2-IM3 36.936m

3-DM2 30.280m

4-MOS 29.558m

5-Croods 26.251m

6-STID 25.748m

7-FF6 25.150m

8-WIR 23.777m

9-THO3 19.311m

10-LIP(13 bo) 18.316m

• Like 5