Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Advance sales for The Avengers are already out and i'm very surprised at how strong they are looking.The IMAX pre-sales are the strongest I've seen by far since DH2. Thursday night is already nearly full up in both IMAX's near me, as is Friday. 2D is also selling well. These pre-sales are fantastic.This is gonna be big. Maybe over £10m OW.

Advance sales for The Avengers are already out and i'm very surprised at how strong they are looking.The IMAX pre-sales are the strongest I've seen by far since DH2. Thursday night is already nearly full up in both IMAX's near me, as is Friday. 2D is also selling well. These pre-sales are fantastic.This is gonna be big. Maybe over £10m OW.

Mi so hapiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Maybe £30m-ish.SM3 has I think has the biggest Marvel opening in the UK at £11.8m. If advance sales continue like this, I wouldn't put it past TA to beat SM3.

Thats around 40-45 mill$ right??

From DHD

"– Preview results in the UK were very strong. Battleship grossed $1.5M (£928K) for the day. As a comp, previews for Thor in the UK were £730K and Iron Man £670K. There’s another day of previews today before opening officially on Friday."

That sounds great to me.

Thor had lower previews and opened to £5.5m for the 5 day. However, Battleship has the holidays, whereas Thor didn't so it probably won't be able to keep up with Thor on the weekend. It could come pretty close to that gross though. Thor did have the Royal Wedding however on it's opening...so we'll see.

Edited by Heretic

American Pie is actually very popular. Number 2 made £5.5m on OW back in 2001. Today that would probably be near £8m or something. Number 3 did £4.2m so AR has the potential to do quite well. The Avengers will likely repeat at number 1, but if the spark is still there, AR could cause an upset.Five Year Engagement comes out on the 22nd of June.

Why is everything being released so late in the UK?

Not the blockbusters. That happens a lot for other movies. Sometimes we get things early, sometimes we get things late...I don't know why. Possibly to get the most money possible.