Eric is Quiet

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

2 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

Send Tom to Sony to play in the Sonyverse and let Miles be in the MCU.  Still get best of both worlds. 

i would prefer both of them to stay in the mcu personaly, let sonyverse alone...though idk if sonyverse will still be a thing after venom 2 and morbius

Edited by john2000

22 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

You really are a woman of exquisite taste

:chaplin:

The real issue, for me, is less “Peter Parker” and more the insistence that Peter is still 15 and in high school. Maybe I am just too old for this character, but I am so over it. Let him grow up. 

I think it’s why I Insta-bonded with Spiderverse Peter Parker so hard. He was broke, fat, divorced, depressed, and 30. I was like: 

tyra banks love GIF by America's Got Talent

10 minutes ago, Cap said:

The real issue, for me, is less “Peter Parker” and more the insistence that Peter is still 15 and in high school. Maybe I am just too old for this character, but I am so over it. Let him grow up. 

I think it’s why I Insta-bonded with Spiderverse Peter Parker so hard. He was broke, fat, divorced, depressed, and 30. I was like: 

thats the plan, NWH will be the end of his high school years, the eventual spidey 4 will be him in college so thats good

I agree with the sentiment that we need to take Peter Parker out of high school, but this is supposedly going to be the last movie to have him in high school, so there’s that at least. I would’ve preferred if the MCU had introduced us to a Spider-Man who was already in college, but oh well.

34 minutes ago, Cap said:

I can barely even remember fat Peter Parker. It's barely ringing a bell.

Although I do think Spiderverse is enormously overrated. I mean...it's a decent film overall but the reviews were out of this world.

Edited by Noctis
  • Knock It Off 1

41 minutes ago, Cap said:

He's 17. The aging matches the timeline of the MCU like every other character...

Edited by Menor

5 minutes ago, Menor said:

He's 17. The aging matches the timeline of the MCU like every other character...

I think as in that we've had so many movies with Peter in high school that there's not much more to tell about his experience as a teenager. Though I think the MCU slightly dropped the ball with that after Homecoming since FFH was basically him on vacation and now this movie has nothing to do with him being a teenage or in high school.

It's also why the Spider-Man game resonated with so many was being able to experience a seasoned Peter Parker as Spider-Man. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Menor said:

I don't even see what the issue with him being in high school is, the MCU has plenty of characters in their 30s but people complain because literally one character is a teenager.

I’m not asking for a middle aged Peter Parker. I just think modern adaptations focus too much on the high school part of the character’s life. I think focusing on him in college would’ve been more interesting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Ain't that the truth. I've got friends that swear blind they're better movies than the whole sequel trilogy

...they are? Have you seen Rise of Skywalker? At least the prequel trilogy had a clear vision. The sequel trilogy are 3 movies pasted together that are nonsense retcon after nonsense retcon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Ain't that the truth. I've got friends that swear blind they're better movies than the whole sequel trilogy

I assure you plenty of people liked the prequels before the memes. The difference is before the memes if you said you liked the movies people would jump down your throat recommending the garbage videos from the Red Letter Morons and trying to convince you that they are "objectively bad" and you are "objectively wrong." Now with the memes people chilled out a bit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, john2000 said:

nah, there are definately more movies after that with him

If Holland doesn’t want to keep playing Spider-Man when he’s 30, it doesn’t seem like they’ll be able to keep milking him for many more movies. I think a Spider-Man vs. Venom movie would have to be his last one.