kayumanggi

DHD Saturday (03.24): 50.0 M | THE HUNGER GAMES

Very hard to see how this will do on Sunday. Tracking afilms performance on Friday and Saturday is easier, on Sunday shows never sell out so you can never tell how busy a theater is. My logic is if a theater has shows selling out, all the other shows are very busy as well.However, based on shows with reserved seating many are well over 60-70% full for the 12:45 and 4pm shows.So I think day business looks to be very very strong again however night time is a big drop off from Friday and Saturday.So I think I can say a 35 million Sunday looks in store. If i see some day time sellouts, then I think a drop better then 30% is expected.However a drop below 20% IS NOT POSSIBILE in March.

30 million min is impossibile ^No film gets a huge Saturday and then falls like a rock on Sunday.a min of 34 million...The lowest Sunday drop for a film in the first 4 months of the year was Passion with 15%, however this a unique case. Of course Passion was going to hold well On the lords day lol...The lowest Sunday drop for a big action movie I see is 300 at 27%...

Edited by Lordmandeep

My theatre's nighttime shows were looking to get fairly full some of them already were 70-75% full as of yesterday night. And we go back to school Monday, so it is a school night. (null)

a 30 million Sunday is not happening.Biggest drop I see is 32% which is a 34 million and a 152 million weekend.I think 35+ million looks to be the area.As based on ticket sales this appears to be acting like family friendly films in the early part of the year, getting huge day business.However you can add that due to its appeal to older audience it will get decent business for a Sunday night. If the film has big business at night then a much lower drop can be expected.

But it's so close to the record, but I'm convinced that Lionsgate will ending up fudging both the Friday and Saturday number to get both the biggest Saturday and the biggest Friday without midnight record. They're both short by only over a million or so. (null)

They are the most accurate.However there was a unique case when Revenge of the SIth Saturday estimate came in at 31 million but the estimate was 41 million. Our source for early numbers back then was a site called Showbizdata.It drove people nuts especially back in those days for a film to drop on Saturday was rare and impossibile if it opened on a Thursday

They are the most accurate.However there was a unique case when Revenge of the SIth Saturday estimate came in at 31 million but the estimate was 41 million. Our source for early numbers back then was a site called Showbizdata.It drove people nuts especially back in those days for a film to drop on Saturday was rare and impossibile if it opened on a Thursday

:blink: That would have been heart stopping.

Glad I wasn't here in that time...

I am calling a 35 million Sunday

= 153 million Weekend.

3rd lagrest weekend ever and 5th largest in Tickets sold.

I think this deserves a...

Posted Image

Yeah it was one of the biggest mistakes I can remember.

Sith was a mega opener, was great to see and is still is one of the biggest openings ever. Its 4-day and 5-day gross adjusts to 190+ and 210+ million.

Most likley if it opened on Friday it would have gotten TDK/Spiderman 3 level opening weekend.

Edited by Lordmandeep