TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

6 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Yep let the misogyny reign. Punish the female who's barely in the movie by all reports instead of the Male lead who's a  problematic creep.

Easier to ignore these baits … Gaga have a bonafire smash hit leading ASIB, a solid hit leading Gucci and credits on the music for Top Gun Maverick in her bag (including Oscar nomination). Not even saying about her actual stablished musical career. 

And she is being praised for Joker, if anything most reviews are actually complaining that she should be MORE present in it. 

She’s a supporting actress, in the real world everyone knows she won’t get the responsability over a Joker movie.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Easier to ignore these baits … Gaga have a bonafire smash hit leading ASIB, a solid hit leading Gucci and credits on the music for Top Gun Maverick in her bag (including Oscar nomination). Not even saying about her actual stablished musical career. 

And she is being praised for Joker, if anything most reviews are actually complaining that she should be MORE present in it. 

She’s a supporting actress, in the real world everyone knows she won’t get the responsability over a Joker movie.

Don’t you understand? This is the end for her! She’ll be living out of a box by the bus stop before the first preview screenings even finish because of this movie! Next to her will be James Gunn and the Penguin TV show. 

• Haha 10

49 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Premiere happening right now, more reviews should pop up by tomorrow 

Curious if it‘ll drop or just keep divided to positive

One thing is sure; It is not going to be getting the kind of strong reception it needed given a lot of scepticism about making this a musical.

Philips needed to hit this one out of the ball park to pull it off at the box office; a single won't cut it. that did not happen.

Edited by dudalb

Just now, LVB said:

Fan reactions on Twitter/X are terrible. 😬

If true, then so much for the whole "Critics hated it but the people loved it" routine, which I think it what a number fo the films stans were hoping for.

2 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, any CinemaScore predictions. If fan screenings are getting bad reviews, then I pray for this movie, lol.

C CinemaScore for now.

Still going with B

I don't think it's hitting $100M DOM total. 

Edited by HummingLemon496

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, any CinemaScore predictions. If fan screenings are getting bad reviews, then I pray for this movie, lol.

C CinemaScore for now.

Yeah, if the audience reaction is not good, the film's doom is sealed.

And so many here were so sure this would be a massive hit.

Well, just goes to show the eternal truth of What William Goldman said 40 years as one of the top writers in Hollywood  taught him about the film industry;

Nobody Knows Nothing.

3 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

C CinemaScore for now.

C+ 

Since Venice i read enough to know there´s a very high chance that fans will perceive this movie as an attack to them and hate it vocally

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

C+ 

Since Venice i read enough to know there´s a very high chance that fans will perceive this movie as an attack to them and hate it vocally

That is the thing about a lot of genre fans; THey say they want a fresh, new daring take on the genre, but if somebody gives them one they often hate it.

Granted, this one seems to have been badly executed but still the principals holds,

18 minutes ago, dudalb said:

If true, then so much for the whole "Critics hated it but the people loved it" routine, which I think it what a number fo the films stans were hoping for.

This is what will come next:

"I's going to pull a reverse Twisters"

Edited by HummingLemon496