Eric Lasagna

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

Forbes now reports the same numbers some found yesterday:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carolinereid/2023/09/20/disney-reveals-270-million-bill-for-the-marvels/?sh=795eedce38da

$274.8 million costs -> $55 million subsidy -> $219.8 million spend by the end of September 2022. (We don't know if there are any things included her that ar normally not part of the budget, but it also doesn't inlcude any further spendings from this year)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

So we've swung back to "the sky is falling" on this board I guess. Getting flashbacks of people going UDNER 80 OW FOR GUARDIANS 3? Three weeks before release

To be fair, I have no idea what the box office will be like. I'm just afraid that the film won't be good.

6 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

And what have you heard

Short runtime, director felt like she didn't know what she was doing (not her fault, sounds like Marvel just being Marvel taking a young and talented indie director and then making the movie for them), the plot leak that's been now pretty much confirmed by the trailers.

Edited by DInky
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I could see being more skeptical about box office when it was going up against Dune but it doesn't look like Hunger Games will seriously hurt it. Somehow if anything people are now more pessimistic about it's box office after Dune has moved.

One way to look at it is that Marvel Studios didn't think the movie was worth delaying.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

So we've swung back to "the sky is falling" on this board I guess. Getting flashbacks of people going UDNER 80 OW FOR GUARDIANS 3? Three weeks before release

Did you expect anything else? It's a Marvel movie and a sequel to Captain Marvel (which was super controversial for some reason back then as well)

• Like 1

I know the arguments, but I’ll beat a dead horse. 
CM did twice what the each of the last two AM movies domestically. There aren’t enough negatives to bring it that far down. 
Are people really so mad at AM3 and TLT that they will punish this movie so severely?

I vote no. 

Edited by Mr Terrific
  • Like 2