The Wild Eric

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

1 hour ago, Kon said:

Honestly, the Avengers could be on danger too. The brand is popular, but it depends on its characters. 

So far, the new Avengers team could be this:

-Thor

-Captain Marvel

-Captain America (Sam)

-Black Panther (Shuri)

-Ant-Man

-Doctor Strange

Most members do not inspire much confidence.

Ironheart will save the MCU!

3 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

It could not make any money at all, since there are rumours going about regarding a potential Marvel purge. Wonder Man is apparently out, and Vision Quest was removed from its writers' WGA profiles a few weeks back. The likes of Blade and Thunderbolts could potentially get scrapped now. Crazy times we're living in.

You are conveniently leaving out the shows are being shaken up due to changes from the writers strike and some of the new terms involved with showrunners, which wouldn't impact Thunderbolts. Blade and Thunderbolts aren't being scrapped. They didn't cancel movies because of Eternals, or Quantumania, and it won't because of this. They're already probably delaying things because of the strike, so there's no need to worry (or in this boards case, hope) about anything being cancelled 

Edited by SpiderByte

but how can they not understand that people are only interested in event films?
deadpool 3, spiderman, Avengers and the like.

Enough. Stand alone films about unknown characters are no longer interesting. the TV series about Agatha 🥱

If I understand it, how can those who work there not understand it?

2 hours ago, Kon said:

Honestly, the Avengers could be on danger too. The brand is popular, but it depends on its characters. 

-Thor

-Captain Marvel

-Captain America (Sam)

-Black Panther (Shuri)

-Ant-Man

-Doctor Strange

Why you forgot Spiderman?

Just now, SpiderByte said:

No, critics screenings haven't happened yet. Marvel doesn't usually do them this far out so probably in another two weeks or so.

So why is everyone here talking so much about this bland ass looking film?

• Haha 1

Just now, Noctis said:

So why is everyone here talking so much about this bland ass looking film?

Because if this board goes ten minutes without someone saying that MCU is dead and Avengers 5 is going to be cancelled or something because The Marvels doesn't have enough presales they'll die, apparently 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

You are conveniently leaving out the shows are being shaken up due to changes from the writers strike and some of the new terms involved with showrunners, which wouldn't impact Thunderbolts. Blade and Thunderbolts aren't being scrapped. They didn't cancel movies because of Eternals, or Quantumania, and it won't because of this. They're already probably delaying things because of the strike, so there's no need to worry (or in this boards case, hope) about anything being cancelled 

To be fair, Quantumania was released this year, so it's too soon to say the dissapoinment of that movie couldn't cause cancellations. Shang-Chi would be a better example.

That said, if the shooting of Blade or Thunderbolts haven't started, I don't think it's so unbelievable they could cancel these.

1 minute ago, Kon said:

To be fair, Quantumania was released this year, so it's too soon to say the dissapoinment of that movie couldn't cause cancellations. Shang-Chi would be a better example.

Yeah, Marvel was so disappointed with Shang-Chi they gave the director the keys to the next Avengers movie. Clearly they hated it.

1 minute ago, Kon said:

That said, if the shooting of Blade or Thunderbolts haven't started, I don't think it's so unbelievable they could cancel these

Have you been...living under a rock since May? Nobody is filming anything, anywhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I am convinced that the very troubled Blade movie is not happening. And considering it was Brie Larson who pushed this team up angle that is not selling, I have a feeling that Marvel is going to start giving less of a darn what these Oscar winners have to say about anything regarding the MCU. Chloe Zhao won after she got her MCU gig so I don't count her. 

Tbf, they made a huge deal about caring what Z lister like Vellani thought about changing Ms Marvel origin (from Inhuman to Mutant aka X Men) so I think it's just smoke and mirrors. They already decided something and then used actors to sell the decision to fans. For example, Brie Larson pushed team up angle right after Endgame cause she was very likely coached to do so given that the movie was  80%  sausagefest (Nat died in 45th minute out of a 3 hrs long movie 😭) and that 2 min all female teamup during the battle was much ridiculed. So a bit of a damage control I guesss. And very likely the push was for all-star female teamup, not that Marvel had a real female star outside of late BW then and Wanda now. But something like CM+Wanda+WASP+Gamora+Nebula+Shuri+Okoye >>> CM+2 nobodies. Now, I get that she said she wanted Ms Marvel in her movie after Ms Marvel was announced but, again, that's stereotypical PR and Marvel really banked on that character becoming popular which didn't happen. So the case of counting chickens before they hatched. Moreover, their planning was just weird. Why have other female teamup (Female BP + Iron Heart + Dora Milaje) just a year before The Marvels? If the hook was female team that went poof cause it became redundant by now. Likewise, didn't Quantumania team 2 Wasps and what'sherface daughter/granddaughter? Point being, by the time TM rolled, female teams became business as usual, nothing special.

2 hours ago, Kon said:

-Thor

-Captain Marvel

-Captain America (Sam)

-Black Panther (Shuri)

-Ant-Man

-Doctor Strange

2 hours ago, Kon said:

I totally forgot about Shang-Chi.

The lack of confidence increases.

Cause most people forgot about him. The movie came and went and the character was never heard of again even in an obligatory stringer. Also, they are pushing multiverse storyline as an overarching one and 10 Rings have nothing to do with it so far. 

That new Avengers team looks absolutely pathetic and it really doesn't help that 2 members are just less interesting replacements for the original heroes (Shuri, Sam). Fans want BP to be male and there's nothign wrong with that cause the character was envisioned as such (they could have aged up his son from a kid to a teen and make a movie about him) and Sam didn't take the serum and therefore doesn't have superstrength that fans love so much about Cap. Not to mention that none of these characters has any dynamic that made OGs and especially Cap/Tony so beloved. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Yeah, Marvel was so disappointed with Shang-Chi they gave the director the keys to the next Avengers movie. Clearly they hated it.

I mean, Shang-Chi is a better example of your point (about a box office dissapoinment not meaning cancellations) than Quantumania.

After all, Quantumania was just released this years. So, the effects of its box office dissapoinment wouldn't be shown yet.

9 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Have you been...living under a rock since May? Nobody is filming anything, anywhere.

You don't need to be a jerk.

My point is they aren't starting shooting Thunderbolts or Blade. So, it wouldn't be so difficult for them to cancel these.

Edited by Kon

5 minutes ago, Reed121 said:

Nonsense.  People know who Blade is and Snipes’s portrayal remains  memorable.  People are interested in Vampires too.

Not nonsense. Filling Snipes shoes is tough, Ali is no black belt martial artist (a fact that really elevated Snipe's Blade aside his natural badass look) and he isn't getting younger, and the first draft was scrapped cause someone thought it was a good idea to focus the movie on Blade's daughter (think Blade 3 and how they made it about Reynolds and Biel). So there are obviously big creative problems bts. 

• Like 1