Eric the Marxist

Twisters | Uni/WB | July 19, 2024 | A remake (?) to the 1996 classic

PVOD often helps because it gives an awareness boost.  It also reminds the fans that they need to hurry up and (re)watch it in theaters when they have the chance.

• Like 1

PVOD often helps because it gives an awareness boost.  It also reminds the fans that they need to hurry up and (re)watch it in theaters when they have the chance.

One thing I liked about the movie a lot was that it was just focused on characters and tornados.

There was no political messages... (not saying they arent important )

Male and female character were shown as both being competent and cool

Glen Powel was a masculine character but not seen as a bad guy for being like that.

I know some people got annoyed with the lack of a certain scene at the end but 99% of the film is done well. 

Agree that PVOD doesn't cut off BO legs that much but also that it's bad practice by studios for short term gain and it's still training audiences to not bother going to the cinema. Sure for now it maybe doesn't cause immediate effect but 10 years later who knows?

• Like 1

Yes, who knows. I'd hope eventually we don't go in circles debating the merits and impact of PVOD every time a new date is announced. It's not going away and evidently there is a consumer base that makes it a viable viewing alternative.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AniNate said:

I would imagine quiet place is near the end of its theatrical life anyway (and twisters tbh probably is too in most countries that aren't the US)

It’s not the only example. They’ve been doing it for around a year or so. I think it’s fair. 

23 hours ago, AniNate said:

Yes, who knows. I'd hope eventually we don't go in circles debating the merits and impact of PVOD every time a new date is announced. It's not going away and evidently there is a consumer base that makes it a viable viewing alternative.

I think studios are getting better at making it work hand in hand with the theatrical to boost late legs and spike paying to stream so the movie makes more money from both sources of revenue.

• Like 1