Eric the IF

Star Wars: The Bad Batch | Disney+ | Final Season premieres February 21st!

That might have been "half an episode" of something seen that has a longer normal run time, but it was a tight and tense episode. 

And even calling it "half an episode" isn't truly fair as the immediate situation and problem presented in this episode was handled adroitly (and logically, I might add). 

I think it's better to compare it to a...  Well Republic serial, which is what a large part of this franchise was based on in the first place.

Very well done.

The Batch has pushed its chips "all in", as the saying goes. Now we see the start of the endgame.

• Like 3

The Empire was... surprisingly competent in this episode.  Oh, not perfect by any means, but leagues better than they('re) normally (portrayed as) are.

Is a pretty big dangling thread that's very likely to be picked up on, I suspect

Spoiler

Namely the stunned trooper that Echo left behind and/or the droid that "lent" a helping hand.

But all in all a very well plotted out episode with all actors involved making logical moves and counter moves. Or at least in-character moves in the case of [SPOILER DELETED].  Can't even really blame [SPOILER DELETED] considering how out of their element they were.

It's all coming together for the finale.  Gonna be interesting to see what happens when the shit hits the fan.

Have to think a 

Spoiler

rampaging Zillo Beast is gonna command a lot of attention.  Attention that would normally be spent tracking down the likely soon-to-be-discovered Echo, the movements of Emerie, as well as what ever happens to the rest of the Batch/Rampart.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

A lot of ground to cover in the finale so I am curious how much closure we'll get after the (I assume) escape.

Who knows, there is an extremely low but still greater than zero possibility this show ends with

Spoiler

Asajj Ventress becoming the grumpiest crabbiest foster mom ever to Omega and the Kids.

Won't happen of course, but she'd absolutely hate having to wrangle them all and it'd be hilarious.

In more likely news, I feel like we're going to lose at least one Batch member in the finale. Can't decide if it'll be Crosshair or Hunter. Wrecker seems a safe bet to live unless the show goes for all 3 of the Batch.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

In more likely news, I feel like we're going to lose at least one Batch member in the finale. Can't decide if it'll be Crosshair or Hunter. Wrecker seems a safe bet to live unless the show goes for all 3 of the Batch.

I was just thinking about this and thinking it was Wrecker would be the most likely to get the axe, as being a Lovable Goof is pretty much his defining characteristic (well, along with his loyalty).  

Tend to think Crosshair is the most likely to survive as a Live With Your Guilt/Atone For Your Past type thing while looking over Omega with Hunter or Echo being the next most likely to bite the bullet.  Just don't get the sense that they're doing a Redemption Equals Death type dealio with Crosshair as he already crossed that Rubicon a while ago.  Wouldn't be surprised if it did happen, mind. 

Come to think of it to think of it, might slip Wrecker down a tier and have it something like:

Hunter/Echo

Wrecker [still debating on whether or not to swap him with Echo]

Crosshair

<INSERT A MILLION BLANK LINES HERE>

Omega

I suppose Echo might have a Get Out of Jail Death Free card if he's gonna be the link to the inevitable(?) Rex series/shorts.  

When it comes right down to it, I think the only one who *is* completely safe is Omega. 

Though, come to think of it,

16 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

A Crosshair/Ventress  series is the Odd Couple pairing I didn't realize I needed until just now. :lol: 

• Like 1

Yeah another solid/well-plotted episode, putting the pieces in place for the finale which I'm sure will have some nice 

Spoiler

Zillo beast rampaging

Tbh have seen this sentiment on SW twitter/Reddit but while I've enjoyed this season, it hasn't really carried the sense of being a final season yet. If I didn't already know this was the last, I'd be assuming there were more seasons with the relatively methodical pace of the last few episodes. I trust the showrunners here but I'm very curious to see how they wrap things up in a satisfying way with just one more episode. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
Spoiler

fcdb11dc3e41d36926c94607fb19602deb98ea03

(well, of the people we care about, at least. 😉)

====

Post Coda thoughts that just aired:

That might be the best finale/thematic ending televised SW has had so far. Absolutely "stuck the landing".

Easy 10/10.

Gonna chew on it a bit more, I think, but all of the plotlines that needed to be dealt with, were in my opinion.  And very satisfactorly too.   The only quibble, the only teeeeny quibble

Spoiler

is not seeing Hunter and co actively deciding as a group to Stand Down.  

But we've had more than enough hints about that and the coda worked in some ways even better without seeing the intermediary  scene.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3

One snarky comment, coz I am me.

Spoiler

Not truly a Star Wars show until someone loses a hand. :hahaha:

That's one way to solve the shakes I guess, even though I doubt it's all that recommended by many doctors.  :ph34r:

(was gonna say "some traditions have to be upheld, but I just remembered about Crosshair's PTSD/conditioning shakes and swerved a bit)

• Like 2

*scans SW Leaks*

OMG.  People are not complaining about 

Spoiler

a "safe" ending.

Like, O-M-Fucking-G.

That ending was earned.  It wasn't easy.  It was tense throughout.  None of the character had plot armor and we had no idea which (aside from Omega) would make it out.

The characters on both sides of the story acted logically and to their characters.  Expertly crafted and with real heartfelt emotion.  Tense, taught, gripping.  Everything a good show should be.

"buT StAR wArS IS sUPPoSED tO be A SAd SOaP oPErA!2!"

WTF.  Have I been watching the same SW as everyone else all these years? 

So none of the Clone Force died this time.  And?  We already had a major death last season.  

"Safe?"  The safest thing would have been to either off Wrecker or Crosshair for cheap drama.  But these characters went through literal Hell and emerged through the other side. 

The Batch "earned" this victory.  They "earned" their rest.  And, yes, Omega earned a chance to finally be able to strike out on her own.

This pretty much told a self-contained story about a squad of fighters who finally were able to lay down their guns, after securing the safety of someone all the while having the mixed emotions of seeing the next generation take up the fight.

Character deaths aren't the only way to show the stakes of the game or tell a compelling story, you know.

HA-RUMPH

Ends rant. j1aUlyv.gif

(and yes, that IS a proper rant in there)

((I can see other complaints about the finale, and that's fine, but I had to grump a LOT about that so-called "complaint"))

• Like 3

Oh man that was amazing. I was very scared the entire episode and I was very emotional throughout, because I thought somebody was going to die...

I'm very satisfied with how it ended.

I'm curious if the Ventress and Omega stuff will be picked up in something else?

• Like 2

On 4/26/2024 at 7:16 PM, Menor the Destroyer said:

Yeah another solid/well-plotted episode, putting the pieces in place for the finale which I'm sure will have some nice 

Reveal hidden contents

Tbh have seen this sentiment on SW twitter/Reddit but while I've enjoyed this season, it hasn't really carried the sense of being a final season yet. If I didn't already know this was the last, I'd be assuming there were more seasons with the relatively methodical pace of the last few episodes. I trust the showrunners here but I'm very curious to see how they wrap things up in a satisfying way with just one more episode. 

I should not have worried because that was a beautiful ending and absolutely justified all the setup. Just great.

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

18 hours ago, Porthos said:

*scans SW Leaks*

OMG.  People are not complaining about 

Ends rant. j1aUlyv.gif

(and yes, that IS a proper rant in there)

((I can see other complaints about the finale, and that's fine, but I had to grump a LOT about that so-called "complaint"))

Spoiler

I think its especially ridiculous because while there weren't any deaths in the season finale, it's not like there wasn't an incredibly powerful/meaningful death for Tech at the end of season 2 whose presence was felt throughout season 3 (mostly in the background, but the tone of the show clearly shifted after that moment). It's not like the show needed any more death to raise the stakes. 

So many fantastic scenes in this finale, it's crazy that even the Zillo beast action which I was really hyped for last week isn't even close to the top of my favorite action moments in this episode (and not because that moment didn't live up to my expectations). The fight with the CX troopers (who almost felt like an evil Bad Batch in a way), Echo's speech to the clones, Nala Se blowing up Rampart, and of course that final shot by Crosshair (and then just absolutely mowing down Hemlock with those blaster bolts) was just such a cathartic and fist-pumping way to finish out this series. And then that epilogue, especially Omega taking off with Tech's glasses in the cockpit was what finally got the tears from me.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Menor the Destroyer said:
  Hide contents

The fight with the CX troopers (who almost felt like an evil Bad Batch in a way)

Spoiler

Even a couple of images going 'round Twitter highlighting the visual similarities:

here's one I can semi-easily find with via my limited search capabilities via [REDACTED]

GMgAhTfXAAAjdaT?format=jpg&name=small

Not perfectly identical, of course.  But a fairly obvious Crosshair clone, Wrecker-ish one and a Hunter one (leaving Tech/Echo for the fourth).

Hemlock had some jealousy issues, apparently. :lol: 

• Like 2

Still catching up on this, have 3 episodes left, so not reading any posts but this is for sure the strongest season of the show and a great way to end if quality holds up. Reminds me of Clone Wars which also really took a huge jump in quality and character development in its third season. 

• Like 2