Fake

Friday Numbers

Yeah... I am not backing someone who can get midnights wrong by 10M.

I have to think hat Variety mishap was a case of them extrapolating to the wrong number of theaters. Hunger Games had "only" 2,500 midnight locations, as opposed to the 3,500+ seen by the latest Twilight and Potter films. Take Hunger Games' average and apply it to 3,500 theaters, and you get $27.6m.
  • Like 1

More accuracy than the midnight prediction (which was actually made when the midnights were over).

You are conveniently forgetting the fact that variety knew the approximate PTA but thought the film had 1000 more theaters. Edited by B J
  • Like 1

I have to think hat Variety mishap was a case of them extrapolating to the wrong number of theaters. Hunger Games had "only" 2,500 midnight locations, as opposed to the 3,500+ seen by the latest Twilight and Potter films. Take Hunger Games' average and apply it to 3,500 theaters, and you get $27.6m.

its that simple

How will THG do more than 62M from 18M Friday?

It had like a 5% Saturday increase last weekend minus midnights even with a massive Friday OD, there's no way a huge Sat bump isn't in store this weekend. Just look at its Friday increase. Even if it is the $18m figure, that was already like a 125% increase. And didn't you predict like $57 or $58m for the weekend? That ain't happening bud. Edited by MovieMan89

You are conveniently forgetting the fact that variety knew the approximate PTA but thought the film had 1000 more theaters.

That's even more reason to not trust in Variety numbers. Can't even get the theater counts right,

It had like a 5% Saturday increase last weekend minus midnights even with a massive Friday OD, there's no way a huge Sat bump isn't in store this weekend. Just look at its Friday increase. Even if it is the $18m figure, that was already like a 125% increase. And didn't you predict like $57 or $58m for the weekend? That ain't happening bud.

62M actually after the Thursday number.

come on people. If Nikki was saying a 30M Friday or something you would all be behind her. The highest number is the one you are going to support.

I would be flabbergasted by a 30m estimate, and immediately call bullshit.
  • Like 1

I went to the theater tonight (to catch Project X) and I've never seen it so dead on a Friday night. And this is a major theater in Miami, so that doesn't bode well for Titans. Hunger Games looked like it had some people filtering in, though. It should hold up well.