I agree, though I love all three. And there were some s3 episodes I wasn't crazy about, but the late show trilogy and the new year episode were absolutely amazing television. If I were a TV critic who did those "best tv episodes of the year" lists then those two would be very close to the top.

• Like 3

So this ends tonight, and I just caught up through "Into the Woods". Holy shit, Louis CK keeps topping himself over and over and over. Some people may take objection to the lack of comedy this season, but fuck those guys. These past two seasons, this one especially, have demonstrated that Louis CK, possibly more than anybody before him, fully understands how challenging life is, and that you can never truly understand it. Each episode this year has hit home in a way unlike the last. The panic of your kids being in danger, the guilt that comes when you realize that you're a bad kid, the double-standard against overweight women, the whatever the hell you want to call what happened in part one of "Pamela".