cax16

Blue Beetle | August 18, 2023 | WB/DC | Director - Angel Manuel Soto | First DC Universe Character!

So let's just be generous on all fronts. Let's say it does $4M previews and the high end 7x IM for a $28M opening weekend. Even 3x legs and a 33/67 DOM/OS split "only" gives it $255M worldwide, which is still $45M short of its breakeven point. And that's being really bullish. There's absolutely nothing suggesting that this is gonna have legs that good or that much of an OS heavy split.

Edited by HummingLemon

1 minute ago, ChipDerby said:

As soon as this breaks $120 mil WW I'm celebrating this as a huge success

Based on tracking seems like $70+ mil domestic total is a probable outcome. With another 70-80 from overseas, it can do 150+ WW.

• Like 1

Ok so I was mistaken lol. That’s what I get for not taking the time to do a quick Google search.

So four above 85% and one exactly at 85%. If movies like Guardians 3 and Wakanda Forever fell short of 85% then I doubt BB will get there. But I also can’t count so who knows.

7 hours ago, MightyDargon said:

And looking at the trailer it looks like a very obvious Spiderverse/Encanto cash-in with all the pandering dialogue choices to match.

Lol what?! The trailers reminded me of my family so I don’t see why that’s such a bad thing! I think many Latinos will see their family dynamic on the big screen with the Reyes clan 

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, HummingLemon said:

When Guardians 3 got like a 77-80% on Rotten Tomatoes initially people were seriously panicking and acting like the reviews were mixed - https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/comments/1320pvr/guardians_of_the_galaxy_vol_3_review_thread/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

So if this ends up in the 75-80% range. . . .what do we say about that?

I’d say that’s still a good score. Gone are the days where something like Ant-Man and the Wasp gets an 87% (no offense to anyone who loved that film). The ceiling just seems to be lower now.

Those people on Reddit were also probably being kinda dramatic since Guardians is like their Holy Grail.

Edited by Speedorito

19 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

I’d say that’s still a good score. Gone are the days where something like Ant-Man and the Wasp gets an 87% (no offense to anyone who loved that film). The ceiling just seems to be lower now.

Those people on Reddit were also probably being kinda dramatic since Guardians is like their Holy Grail.

Yes that's true. Sorry I was being kind of an asshole

• Like 1