The e-mail thing was pretty stupid. A) who didn't see that coming? B) my grandmother wouldn't have made that mistake.

It's a Sorkin trademark: Technically brilliant people who are socially inept and habitually make glaring, obvious errors 90% of people would avoid easily.

I liked it, but no, doesn't live up to the first. However, that doesn't mean none of the rest of it will.I enjoyed seeing everything go wrong on the newscast. Once they start bringing in Owner!Jane Fonda it should get interesting. She'll be worried about ratings and corporate sponsors, everything that Mackenzie doesn't/doesn't want to care about.

So this episode covered a 6 month span. Interesting tactic but it does bring the storyline a lot closer to the present day which will make it a bit more topical.Concerning the romance storylines, the anchor who Don works for had a great remark that I hope the show takes to heart (I paraphrase here):Either make it work and be happy, or let it fall apart and get the fuck over it.

I liked the third episode. The romance plots are still dragging this down, in fact the writing on some characters in general is. But I enjoyed the news stuff and Sam Waterson is easily the best thing about this. The scene with him and Fonda was great.