Some variation of 2-3 of The Newsroom, #newsnight and Aaron Sorkin have been trending on Twitter almost the entire day. This came is the 3rd highest rated series premiere in HBO history behind only Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones.

Scored 2.1 in the first airing, 2.7 for the whole night including the repeat.

HBO putting this pilot on YouTube for non-subscribers was brilliant.

:blink::o

THIS?

That is shocking to me.... No stars, extremely topical, low key kind of "intellectual" show... very surprising.

:blink: :oTHIS?That is shocking to me.... No stars, extremely topical, low key kind of "intellectual" show... very surprising.

Well, considering this was the first trailer for it, I'm not surprised:http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC8ovJYAU3U&hd=1I remember seeing it before Game of Thrones and going OHHHHHH HELL I'm watching that.

HBO usually renew their shows early on, especially new ones, so I'd expect a season 2 announcement in the next couple of weeks.BTW, even though the critics don't love the show, the EMMYS are totally gonna eat this up next year. Just wait and see.

• Like 1

Ok, I caved, watched it on YouTube. Thought it was... close to fantastic. Very intriguing, a lightning quick 72 minutes. I love these insider shows... we forget that these anchors are more like representations of a team, and not actually doing all this research themselves.Snappy dialogue can sometimes seem a bit forced but whatever.. Also there's no way that guy could pull Erin Andrews LOLAnd, not too crazy about the beginning hints of romance drama... Why have this crazy-intelligent, tough as nails purple heart war reporter and then neuter her by having her go weak at the knees over a guy? What a cliche.

Edited by rockNrollaDIM

• Community Manager

And, not too crazy about the beginning hints of romance drama... Why have this crazy-intelligent, tough as nails purple heart war reporter and then neuter her by having her go weak at the knees over a guy? What a cliche.

Hints? Half the episode was about how he's not happy that his ex-girlfriend is his boss. It's pretty clear that the romantic drama is going to a part of the show. This show isn't subtle at all.I think I capture my problem with the show in this sentence from my blog:

Aaron Sorkin tries so hard to capture the media environment, that he fails to actually capture the media.

i just watched it, hmmm so far so good! that speech at the beginning is something you'll only see on tv, i'd love to see someone say something like that it would be fun! i thought he was having a heart-attack or low blood pressure about to pass out in front of a crowd!the pace was great, did not see the hour pass, that said i'm on the fence this could get boring real fast, a show about the news talking about the news, and convos need to be more personal there was a lot of exposition wow see all those fancy things i know but i get it was the premiere!i like the cast so far, i already hate the ex EP he seems like a douche buh-bye! i like the new guy jack something who wasnt stuck up on protocol, i guess i kind of am curious about how the news gets done, i use to love watching CNN when i had cable , also loved watching nancy grace even though she was kind of the TMZ of CNN!all in all i'll give it a chance , i think what might work for this is the fact its on HBO and its only what 10/12 episodes maybe??? lots of people might be missing having a show like the west wing around

ps: the same thing his character said can also be applied to france and other prominent western countries but i'll only speak for my country and its annoying self-righteous lefties and righties politicians, its reach such a point that abstention was at a record high at latest presidential and legislatives elections in france!

Edited by ladyevenstar22

Ok, I caved, watched it on YouTube. Thought it was... close to fantastic. Very intriguing, a lightning quick 72 minutes. I love these insider shows... we forget that these anchors are more like representations of a team, and not actually doing all this research themselves.Snappy dialogue can sometimes seem a bit forced but whatever.. Also there's no way that guy could pull Erin Andrews LOLAnd, not too crazy about the beginning hints of romance drama... Why have this crazy-intelligent, tough as nails purple heart war reporter and then neuter her by having her go weak at the knees over a guy? What a cliche.

because otherwise it would be solely that fast pace high-brow back and forth , unresolved feelings and character driven people slow that down enough to allow us to breath and absorb the ideas that are shooting by us like a meteorite shower!aahhh finally i just spent 15mn trying to remember a word which is logorrhea! i wanted to use it in my answer but i couldnt remember the word, the closest i got was word vomit lol , that's one thing that had me smiling that these people could talk like that tit for tat! impressed but not sure how realistic that is... Edited by ladyevenstar22