cax16

Captain America: Brave New World | February 14, 2025 | Harrison Ford is General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

8 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Does anybody have an early OW/DOM prediction for this? Me I'm thinking like 50/125 ish

I feel the same way, unless the movie turns out really, really good and gets a surprise word of mouth boost, which I'm frankly not feeling too hopeful about seeing given how badly extensive reshoots ruin most movies.

I'll also add, in response to the recent marketing speculation in this thread, that I don't think we'll be seeing our first look with either Comic-Con or Deadpool 3. They might just decide to wait until the reshoots are complete and the movie's overall retooling is far enough along. My guess at this stage is that we'll get our first look with Moana 2 in November.

53 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I feel the same way, unless the movie turns out really, really good and gets a surprise word of mouth boost, which I'm frankly not feeling too hopeful about seeing given how badly extensive reshoots ruin most movies.

This has been debunked like five times now. Theyve been doing reshoots for less than two weeks. The "months of reshoots" thing is not true and never had been. The thing everyone is assuming this will bomb because of literally didn't happen. The fact that people keep saying "this needs to be the best Marvel movie ever, or else it'll be the worst thing in the studios history"

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

I’m thinking around an $80m four day with an O/U $200m total and probably around $450m WW. Gonna be honest this could underperform or bomb but the most important thing is that the GA likes this but out of the none F4 MCU joints next year - think while Thunderbolts should be better with ease, I think there’s much more going for this and is much more appealing for the GA.

12 minutes ago, cinema pal said:

The best comperison I see is Black Widow, a supporting character, who was put in "solo" movie (and nobody really wanted it at that point). But it happened in COVID era and also had Disney+ release.

Yea, the $80m Widow opened to under the circumstances it did would actually be on the high end of Brave New World... I do believe that movie under normal conditions would have opened to $110m+, go on to make high $200ms or maybe even $300m dom and probably around twice globally what it ended up pulling.

Where it's at rn, don't see Brave New World doing much better than $200m in North America and I fear overseas is gonna be rough... I do feel sub $500m is very likely.

If the movie is good and has great wom (A CS and 94+ verified audience) then it’s going to earn good money. It’s an MCU movie. That still holds weight despite what some here say. If there’s WOM about a good MCU movie then people will turn up. Yet to see an MCU movie that has had good reception bomb. Then I can see it make 600M+

That said if the movie has say The Marvels or Ant-Man 3 reception I think it could gross The Marvels levels 

I have been sick of MCU movies for a couple of years now. That and horrible TV shows… I only went to The Marvels because its a tradition to see MCU movies on OD. But it was painfull… AntMan III.. Painfull. Did not want to go..

But time has passed and i can feel something cooking inside me again. Im looking forward to the next chapter in front of me with D&W, a grounded Cap with Red Hulk, Fantastic 4 if done right and Avengers comming up hopefully mixed with new and old members. A few years ago i went 2-4 times on OW alone if it were good.

I could see myself do that again if Feige gets his act together and deliver som quality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cinema pal said:

The best comperison I see is Black Widow, a supporting character, who was put in "solo" movie (and nobody really wanted it at that point). But it happened in COVID era and also had Disney+ release.

Not remotely the same. This is not a spinoff.

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

Not remotely the same. This is not a spinoff.

what do you mean? Both were secondary characters in Infinity saga. In BW we had new Widow  - Yelena Belova. Here we have new Falcon -  Joaquin Torres. And there was no demand for both movies

And I still struggle to grasp how Sam is Cap now without the serum. He's just Falcon with a shield, I'm sorry

Edited by cinema pal

The title of the movie is Captain America. He's Cap now. It's not a spinoff just because it has new characters in the supporting cast. All three Cap movies had new supporting cast members added in each one.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, cinema pal said:

And Black Widow had the title.... Black Widow

So....?

Spinoff of what movie was it?

How on earth was it not a spinoff?

I don't know why you're insisting this isn't Captain America 4? He's Cap. It's been that way for a few years now. I don't think that's gonna be an issue.

Edited by SpiderByte

42 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

The title of the movie is Captain America. He's Cap now. It's not a spinoff just because it has new characters in the supporting cast. All three Cap movies had new supporting cast members added in each one.

Sure, but you're framing this in terms of what corporations official deem to be canon but the question is what audiences perceive to be true and care about. Apathy is the default all marketing needs to struggle against.

To this day, Tokyo Drift is known as "Fast and Furious 3: Tokyo Drift" and yet people clearly understood it was a spinoff of Fast 1 and 2 (in the same way Hobbes and Shaw is a spinoff of Fast 4/5-8) and that's reflected in the film's box office results. Similarly, "Captain America: Civil War" was clearly understood as "Captain America v. Iron Man: Civil War" or possibly "Avengers: Civil War." You just can't hide "we've lost our main character" in marketing. I don't get the conceptual argument that there's no downgrade here. I mean, just look at FatWS' tv ratings. They were really good. However, they were nowhere close to the ratings "Thor 4: Love and Thunder" would have received had it been released episodically on D+. It played between Loki and Wandavision which seems like a fair description of where Falcon and Winter Soldier stand in the Avengers hierarchy.

Edited by PlatnumRoyce

6 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

How on earth was it not a spinoff?

Should I ask again? What movie's spinoff was it? Black Widow appeared in multiple mcu projects. As well as Sam Wilson did. Both got their solo movie

Am I on crazy pills here?

6 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't know why you're insisting this isn't Captain America 4? He's Cap. It's been that way for a few years now. I don't think that's gonna be an issue.

I'm insisting on one thing only: we're going to get a movie about supporting character (and not really popular one), who got promoted to a lead in his own movie. Technically he's THE CAP, but without Steve Rogers' marvelous powers  - not really, no.

12 minutes ago, cinema pal said:

Should I ask again? What movie's spinoff was it? Black Widow appeared in multiple mcu projects. As well as Sam Wilson did. Both got their solo movie

It's not the same because there are three Captain America movies and only one Black Widow movie. What do you think the word spinoff means?

This isn't a spinoff or side movie. It's the fourth Captain America film.

The spin-off discourse and distinction is ultimately not that relevant... what is relevant is whether a Captain America film a) led by Sam Wilson, b) following up on that Disney+ show and c) seemingly not featuring many connections to the Rogers films (aka no Bucky from the looks of it) in 2025, post the recent history of MCU, is really a bigger deal than a Black Widow movie in 2021.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

To this day, Tokyo Drift is known as "Fast and Furious 3: Tokyo Drift" and yet people clearly understood it was a spinoff of Fast 1 and 2 (

What??? This isn't even remotely true. It's not a spinoff.

Do people on here just literally not know what a spinoff actually is

• Disbelief 1

13 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It's not the same because there are three Captain America movies and only one Black Widow movie. What do you think the word spinoff means?

This isn't a spinoff or side movie. It's the fourth Captain America film.

I don't know why brought spinoff thing here at all. It's like you are arguing with yourself)

Why does it matter how many movies there are? We are talking about characters' status in mcu. They (Natasha nd Sam) both were not lead characters. You can write in stone "Sam Wilson is Captain America", but it will not change the fact that  Sam is not as popular as Steve Rogers as of now. Maybe it will change when the movie is out. Or not. But let's not pretend that anticipation of the movie is the same as it was with Chris Evans' films just because it has Captain America in its title here

7 minutes ago, cinema pal said:

They (Natasha nd Sam) both were not lead characters

And now they are. Who gives a fuck? Deadpool was a bit part with barely any lines before 2016 and that had no impact on how that was received.

If it looks good, people won't care if Mackie was only a supporting character before.