cax16

Captain America: Brave New World | February 14, 2025 | Harrison Ford is General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

2 hours ago, toutvabien said:

Would be quite something if we get a bunch of high profile $200m+ cbms opening to o/u $50m in this era... but I still see this as more of a $70-80m opener. Same as Thunderbolts tbh. Tho I expect wom to carry for that one regardless of ow.

I am tempted to use the Logan Roy "You are not serious people" gif whenever I see anyone contend that this is somehow going to open as low as The Marvels. The Marvels had extreme levels of toxicity surrounding it for months, it pulled a TV character from their least viewed series as a lead, not to mention the fact that it had no talent promoting or a press tour at all. Captain America also is obviously a much bigger name. I also think people are more hungry for a grounded MCU film now and general fan reception from trailers seems to be alot better than The Marvels. And all of this doesn't even take in to account how the strikes affected final marketing push for The Marvels. 

I'm guessing this is a $70-100M opener. I'll also bet Thunderbolts* opens lower but ends up making more money. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KnightofNight237 said:

The plot leaked, this person seemed to like it and compared it to the first Captain America in terms of quality: https://old.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudiosSpoilers/comments/1fsrwpn/weekly_free_talk_and_index_thread_new_and_fresh/lq6lrzs/

I'm surprised to hear First Avenger comparisons when it really seems to be trying very hard to feel like Winter Soldier