Eric Prime

House of the Dragon | GOT Spin-off | Season 2 June 2024

On 6/25/2024 at 3:19 PM, Noctis said:

Also, can we please cut down on Alicent and Sir Cole fucking every 2 seconds?

Let her have her orgasms for once in her miserable life

*Though yeah, I definitely feel like Cole was being the more dominant partner in this last sequence, fresh off the high of being made Hand of the King. It's subtle stuff like this why I am loving this show much more than GoT. 

Edited by Spidey Freak

7 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Let her have her orgasms for once in her miserable life

*Though yeah, I definitely feel like Cole was being the more dominant partner in this last sequence, fresh off the high of being made Hand of the King. It's subtle stuff like this why I am loving this show much more than GoT. 

Alicole is deeper than many think i believe

For Alicent, shes been having an absolutely miserable sex life since like forever. I love Viserys, but it must have been extremely uncomfortable for Alicent to be having sex with a way older man who was slowly falling apart. Basically, with Cole its the first time in her life that she chose a partner herself and gets to experience real sexual pleasure.

But on the other hand, she knows how hypocritical she is by doing this. She does the exact same thing she resented Rhaenyra for, she besmirches her honor as Queen Dowager and his as beeing a Kingsguard and after Jahaerys' murder especially she feels extreme guilt since she blames herself for beeing with Cole in the hour when the kid was murdered. Yet she still cant stop doing with with Cole at the end of Episode 2 because (probably, lets see where it goes from here) her need for this pleasure is too great.

For Cole, this is someone who knows exactly how wrong the things are that he is doing and he does feel very guilty about this but his way of coping with that guilt is projecting (like what he does with Arryk, sending him to his death) and arguing that his mistakes are so great that theres no absolution anyway, so he might as well just continue. I know its incredibly easy to hate Criston Cole (i do too), but hes essentially a broken man that gets more and more lost and psychotic the more guilt he feels.

Thats why Alicent and Cole make fo such a fitting pair. They both know its wrong, they both know theyre beeing inredible hypocrites, yet they cant stop each other because of the circumstances that brought them together in the first place.

Though i do think they wont continue like this going forward since a lot of people (Larys, Otto) seem to know what is going on between them and should Aegon learn what his mother is doing with his new Hand, theres probably no telling what he might do.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Alicole is deeper than many think i believe

For Alicent, shes been having an absolutely miserable sex life since like forever. I love Viserys, but it must have been extremely uncomfortable for Alicent to be having sex with a way older man who was slowly falling apart. Basically, with Cole its the first time in her life that she chose a partner herself and gets to experience real sexual pleasure.

But on the other hand, she knows how hypocritical she is by doing this. She does the exact same thing she resented Rhaenyra for, she besmirches her honor as Queen Dowager and his as beeing a Kingsguard and after Jahaerys' murder especially she feels extreme guilt since she blames herself for beeing with Cole in the hour when the kid was murdered. Yet she still cant stop doing with with Cole at the end of Episode 2 because (probably, lets see where it goes from here) her need for this pleasure is too great.

For Cole, this is someone who knows exactly how wrong the things are that he is doing and he does feel very guilty about this but his way of coping with that guilt is projecting (like what he does with Arryk, sending him to his death) and arguing that his mistakes are so great that theres no absolution anyway, so he might as well just continue. I know its incredibly easy to hate Criston Cole (i do too), but hes essentially a broken man that gets more and more lost and psychotic the more guilt he feels.

Thats why Alicent and Cole make fo such a fitting pair. They both know its wrong, they both know theyre beeing inredible hypocrites, yet they cant stop each other because of the circumstances that brought them together in the first place.

Though i do think they wont continue like this going forward since a lot of people (Larys, Otto) seem to know what is going on between them and should Aegon learn what his mother is doing with his new Hand, theres probably no telling what he might do.

TBF it's been years on the show timeline since Alicent's "I WANT DECENCY TO PREVAIL" hard stance and she was loyal to Viserys right till the last cell chipped off his rotting corpse. Seeing Rhaenyra go unpunished till the very end probably factored into her finally succumbing to Cole.

Now Cole OTOH is trash and his hard on hate rager for Rhaenyra is stronger than any attraction he may have for Alicent. While I think it's possible she was the one who initiated this relationship, the last sequence has him barging in and coming strongly onto her. And she gave in because Otto made it obvious he doesn't give a fuck about her, so may as well be a part of an affair that gives HER more agency during sex, something she didn't have in her previous Otto arranged wedding.

IMO I don't think Aegon would care much about Alicole. The Green children were always much more loyal to Alicent over Viserys, as she at least gave them slight attention and as seen by Aegon and Aemond's refusal to rat her out in Season 1 when Viserys and Rhaenyra were demanding where they heard the Strong bastards rumors from. Also, now Cole has Aegon's favor too (for all the wrong reasons but still). As long as he doesn't realize the reason for shit security on Blood and Cheese night was because they were busy doing it.

Edited by Spidey Freak

Solid episode. As a book reader, i appreciate that they took their time with this one, because from next week onward - oh yeah, playtime will truly be over.

Spoiler thing regarding the ending of this episode:

Spoiler

Rhaenyra/Alicent scene made no sense logistically and i do feel a bit frustrated that they show Rhaenyra be so much tamer than her book version (even at this early point in the Dance), but from a writing perspective, i totally get the scene and why it was needed. It will be interesting to see who this addition will change some of the character dynamics, especially ofc both Rhaenyra and Alicent

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Solid episode. As a book reader, i appreciate that they took their time with this one, because from next week onward - oh yeah, playtime will truly be over.

Spoiler thing regarding the ending of this episode:

Reveal hidden contents

I understand why she thought she had to do that at the end of the episode but holy smokes was that absolutely stupid. It’s kinda dumb how easily the war could’ve ended in that moment. I get it.. it’s a show and was in the books but meh that was carelessly reckless. 

Edited by Cookson

8 hours ago, Cookson said:

I understand why she thought she had to do that at the end of the episode but holy smokes was that absolutely stupid. It’s kinda dumb how easily the war could’ve ended in that moment. I get it.. it’s a show and was in the books but meh that was carelessly reckless. 

yeah meeting in a third party location would been better .

On 7/1/2024 at 8:08 PM, Cookson said:

It wasn't in the books btw. And TBF, Rhaenyra dying would have officially given the Blacks a King too with Jacerys (sp?) so the war would have been far from over, if not become far more bloodier as Rhaenyra is the person with the most restraint in all of this.

On 7/5/2024 at 12:49 PM, Spidey Freak said:

It wasn't in the books btw. And TBF, Rhaenyra dying would have officially given the Blacks a King too with Jacerys (sp?) so the war would have been far from over, if not become far more bloodier as Rhaenyra is the person with the most restraint in all of this.

Kinda makes it worse tbh then. We know she doesn’t die there.. they probably should have figured another way for the two to meet. Like above said, it’s turning into cool moments but doesn’t really make sense. 

EPIC

22 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

wait

Hide contents

did the brother want to kill his brother?

Yep and that was set up well since season 1