Eric Duncan

House of the Dragon | GOT Spin-off | Season 2 June 2024

On 5/1/2021 at 9:57 AM, Eric is Full of Pride said:

Thought we already had a thread, but...I guess not?

Thanks for creating this thread friend. Was hoping for a less ‘new GOT series? Give them more dragons!’ approach by the studios but the palace intrigue across the Targeryen family tree is interesting and full of possibilities. 

Damn, this thread is really dead for such a popular IP. Though most TV threads don't do much but this hasn't even crossed a page despite a trailer being released. 

Trailer views/likes also seem pretty low considering how GOT's older trailers did.

Edited by Menor

2 hours ago, Menor said:

Damn, this thread is really dead for such a popular IP. Though most TV threads don't do much but this hasn't even crossed a page despite a trailer being released. 

Trailer views/likes also seem pretty low considering how GOT's older trailers did.

Yeah it looks like likes will settle at a third of Hawkeye or something.  

Which, on the one hand, MCU does dumb online metrics etc. But no MCU show has challenged the got s8 1M likes despite 2+ years inflation. If they had nailed the landing it think this show could be like 5x bigger than it will be.

• Like 1

As I said in the HBO Max thread should have posted the trailer on the Game of Thrones YouTube channel rather than the HBO Max one, would have likely gotten better engagement. 

On twitter the trailer is already more viewed than Hawkeye 7.4m vs 7.2m and has 10x the likes (specifically for the HBO Max vs Disney+ tweets) edit: has a few less likes vs. the Marvel Studios tweet 146k for Hawkeye vs. 136k for House of Dragon. 

Edited by Jamiem
  • Like 4

This thread is still on its first page while the Rings of Power one is at page 14 already, really surprising. I actually think HOtD will be the better show in the end.

Oh and there's already a leak out there (as is tradition), so careful with spoilers!

Edit: That thread is actually 5 years old so yeah, that partially explains it.

Edited by Agafin

17 minutes ago, Agafin said:

This thread is still on its first page while the Rings of Power one is at page 15 already, really surprising. I actually think HOtD will be the better show in the end.

Oh and there's already a leak out there (as is tradition), so careful with spoilers!

I mean we already know how the show ends, so… 😛