filmlover

94th Academy Awards Discussion Thread | WHAT JUST HAPPENED

How about we acknowledge the wars in the other half dozen areas in the world?  Hollywood doesn't give a shit about the war in Ukraine, I just wish they'd keep their mouth shut and accept their award.  Gervais said it best.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, baumer said:

I have no idea what's what this year.  Is Dune the favorite?  Is there a big controversy with Villeneuve not being nominated for best director?  Is this Chastain's to lose or does Bella have a legit shot?

Anyone?

20 minutes ago, baumer said:

I have no idea what's what this year.  Is Dune the favorite?  Is there a big controversy with Villeneuve not being nominated for best director?  Is this Chastain's to lose or does Bella have a legit shot?

The considered frontrunner is the Apple TV+ film CODA, which earned a slew of guild awards, notably the PGA Award, to the shock of many who thought it would be The Power of the Dog.

Will Smith, Troy Kotsur (CODA), and Ariana DeBose (West Side Story) are all expected to win the main acting awards, though Best Actress is super up in the air. Though it probably will be Jessica Chastain. Dune will probably get a few technical awards. Lin-Manuel Miranda might get his EGOT with Best Original Song.

All caught up?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

So the Oscars have turned into people dressed like whores?  Cool.

Because no one has ever worn a revealing outfit to the Oscars before. Oh wait...

Angelina Jolie Reflects on 2012 Oscars Dress | PEOPLE.com

And this was exactly a decade ago. I don't see anyone tonight dressed more provocatively than this.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Because no one has ever worn a revealing outfit to the Oscars before. Oh wait...

Angelina Jolie Reflects on 2012 Oscars Dress | PEOPLE.com

LMFAO!!!  That's a hell of lot more conservative that what those two women are wearing for what they call dresses.  It just looks tacky and trashy.

• Knock It Off 2