Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

What the hell? o_o

Well, Bollywood has a complete lack of sci-fi movies. At a recent movie convention (named Frames, if i remember correctly) this was one of the questions asked at a panel discussion involving directors and screen writers. One of the explanations given was the comedy part. It is really tough to get the point across in expository dialogue in Hindi. They demonstrated this by trying to translate the "Dream within a dream" explanation from Inception, and the audience was laughing throughout. We are used to our heroes solving problems by punching stuff than by deduction etc. Edited by grim22

Well, Bollywood has a complete lack of sci-fi movies. At a recent movie convention (named Frames, if i remember correctly) this was one of the questions asked at a panel discussion involving directors and screen writers. One of the explanations given was the comedy part. It is really tough to get the point across in expository dialogue in Hindi. They demonstrated this by trying to translate the "Dream within a dream" explanation from Inception, and the audience was laughing throughout. We are used to our heroes solving problems by punching stuff than by deduction etc.

Wow it's really a different culture :oI guess an improvement in English skills would be helpful there :PI learn interesting things :)I would like to see more Hollywood movies about Indian legends and tales, Disney could have some materials, a little bit like Mulan about China ^^

Wow it's really a different culture :oI guess an improvement in English skills would be helpful there :PI learn interesting things :)I would like to see more Hollywood movies about Indian legends and tales, Disney could have some materials, a little bit like Mulan about China ^^

Disney did. See this trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K-R-Q0YRtQThey created pretty good animation, and the reviews were good as well. Unfortunately, they dumped it into theaters with minimal promotion alongside 4 other movies a week before a major monsoon release was going to hit theaters. In short, no one saw it.

They created pretty good animation, and the reviews were good as well. Unfortunately, they dumped it into theaters with minimal promotion alongside 4 other movies a week before a major monsoon release was going to hit theaters. In short, no one saw it.

Do you Indians like animations? Edited by Invincible Olive

Disney did. See this trailer: http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K-R-Q0YRtQThey created pretty good animation, and the reviews were good as well. Unfortunately, they dumped it into theaters with minimal promotion alongside 4 other movies a week before a major monsoon release was going to hit theaters. In short, no one saw it.

If they made the same movie but live-action and an A-list star starring in it, it would have easily grossed 100 crore. :)

Some comparisons for first dayInception 53.3 mlnBattleship 61.4 mlnPrometheus 64.8 mlnHancock 69 mlnWrath of Titans 70 mlnThe Dark Knight Rises 72 mlnThe Amazing Spider-Man 76.2 mlnUpdated Thursday est.1. The Dark Knight Rises 2,184,000 - 2,412,0002. Ice Age 4 642,035 (-63%) 37,842,0393. Step Up 4 641,6884. That's My Boy 200,208 (-57.8) 3,656,9455. Red Lights 81,903 (-58.5%) 1,296,132

I think they should just adapt the Ramayana books by Ashok Banker, they are already written like a spec script in the vein of LOTR.

And Hollywood has some Indian American actors, like the actors in TV shows Heroes / The Big Bang Theory, so I'm sure they could do something interesting :)

Some comparisons for first dayInception 53.3 mlnBattleship 61.4 mlnPrometheus 64.8 mlnHancock 69 mlnWrath of Titans 70 mlnThe Dark Knight Rises 72 mlnThe Amazing Spider-Man 76.2 mlnUpdated Thursday est.1. The Dark Knight Rises 2,184,000 - 2,412,0002. Ice Age 4 642,035 (-63%) 37,842,0393. Step Up 4 641,6884. That's My Boy 200,208 (-57.8) 3,656,9455. Red Lights 81,903 (-58.5%) 1,296,132

Interesting to see TASM higher than TDKR :POMG the drop for Ice Age 4, not good, it could be lower than Ice Age 3 :o

Even Hindi movies find it hard to find a sizable audience in South India. TDKR and TASM have actually performed much above expectations here. TASM is looking at a 45 crore finish (highest ever) and TDKR is looking at a 40 crore finish (3rd highest ever). In 2nd highest ever, surprisingly is 2012 (the John Cusack movie).

what is surprising in that, an Indian saves the world in this movie

John Carter Of Mars 182m