Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

Skyfall, despite the hype, might not yet beat QoS' total here. First, it's got a 3-day OW, and second, while QoS came out almost completely alone, Skyfall has Silent Hill 2 and Asterix & Obelix on its back, both in slightly less than 1000 theaters. I think, given the circumstances, it will be a big winner if it crosses $20m and ends up in the TASM/Prometheus/Battleship/WOTT/Inception ballpark. And, well, it certainly needs to outgross RE4 ($16,8m), Ted ($16.9m), TDKR ($17.5m) and TE2 ($17.9m), and, finally, QoS itself ($18.1m) if it wants to be considered a winner at all.

Top 5 Thursday

1. Silent Hill 2 1,062,000

2. Hotel Transylvania 288,000

3. Asteriks and Obelix 4 272,000

4. Paranormal Activity 4 166,000

5. Seven Psychopaths 115,000

Don't expect huge numbers form Bond. This weekend is just too crowded and the movie doesnt look particularly exciting for the general audience. Probably $7-8m is a reasonable prediction.

Skyfall, despite the hype, might not yet beat QoS' total here. First, it's got a 3-day OW, and second, while QoS came out almost completely alone, Skyfall has Silent Hill 2 and Asterix & Obelix on its back, both in slightly less than 1000 theaters. I think, given the circumstances, it will be a big winner if it crosses $20m and ends up in the TASM/Prometheus/Battleship/WOTT/Inception ballpark. And, well, it certainly needs to outgross RE4 ($16,8m), Ted ($16.9m), TDKR ($17.5m) and TE2 ($17.9m), and, finally, QoS itself ($18.1m) if it wants to be considered a winner at all.

I understand better now! So :Quantum of Solace = No competitionSkyfall = Many competitorsI hope it can pass Ted or TDKR, but I must admit I'm a disappointed by these predictions.But maybe some surprises?

Top 5 Thursday

1. Silent Hill 2 1,062,000

2. Hotel Transylvania 288,000

3. Asteriks and Obelix 4 272,000

4. Paranormal Activity 4 166,000

5. Seven Psychopaths 115,000

Don't expect huge numbers form Bond. This weekend is just too crowded and the movie doesnt look particularly exciting for the general audience. Probably $7-8m is a reasonable prediction.

Astérix is a big disappointment no? I mean Kinometro expected $3.5m OW, but with $272,000 OD that seems totally impossible..It's failure compared to Astérix 3, like in France and Germany!

Astérix is a big disappointment no? I mean Kinometro expected $3.5m OW, but with $272,000 OD that seems totally impossible..It's failure compared to Astérix 3, like in France and Germany!

Asterix still can gross around 3mln for the weekend. It is supposed to play well with families. And next week wiill be school holidays + November 4th is also a National holiday. So for some films legs can be much better than usual.

Asterix still can gross around 3mln for the weekend. It is supposed to play well with families. And next week wiill be school holidays + November 4th is also a National holiday. So for some films legs can be much better than usual.

$3m with 272K OD? I need to see this, hard to believe

Given the growth of the Russian market that would be sad to see Skyfall under QoS, Skyfall is really a better movie than QoS, it crushes it!

I would expect Skyfall to pass QofS after 4 years of growth.

I cant see any reason why SkyFall should gross much more than Battleship, Prometheus or Wrath of Titans. It's just another Bond movie with another villain and another pretty girl. Been there, seen that. Even Madagascar and Ice Age with huge grosses declined in admissions. Any total number hign than 20m would be pretty good. Edited by juni78ukr