Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

Happy New Year everyone :)Do you have some predictions for the year? here are mine :-Life of Pi : $13m-Django Unchained : $10m-Les Misérables : $8m-Gangster Squad : $9m-Escape from Planet Earth : $10m-A Good Day to Die Hard : $16m-Jack the Giant Slayer : $21m-Oz The Great and Powerful : $35m-GI Joe Retaliation : $17m-Iron Man 3 : $35m-Star Trek Into Darkness : $24m-Fast & Furious 6 : $36m-The Hangover 3 : $18m-After Earth : $20m-Monsters University : $40m-Kick Ass 2 : $10m-World War Z : $21m-Despicable Me 2 : $18m-Lone Ranger : $14m-Man of Steel : $22m-Pacific Rim : $30m-The Wolverine : $15m-300 Rise of an Empire : $25m-The Smurfs 2 : $20m-Thor 2 : $30m-The Hunger Games Catching Fire : $23m-Frozen : $15m-The Hobbit 2 : $60m-Jack Ryan : $34m

Happy New Year everyone :)Do you have some predictions for the year? here are mine :-Life of Pi : $13m-Django Unchained : $10m-Les Misérables : $8m-Gangster Squad : $9m-Escape from Planet Earth : $10m-A Good Day to Die Hard : $16m-Jack the Giant Slayer : $21m-Oz The Great and Powerful : $35m-GI Joe Retaliation : $17m-Iron Man 3 : $35m-Star Trek Into Darkness : $24m-Fast & Furious 6 : $36m-The Hangover 3 : $18m-After Earth : $20m-Monsters University : $40m-Kick Ass 2 : $10m-World War Z : $21m-Despicable Me 2 : $18m-Lone Ranger : $14m-Man of Steel : $22m-Pacific Rim : $30m-The Wolverine : $15m-300 Rise of an Empire : $25m-The Smurfs 2 : $20m-Thor 2 : $30m-The Hunger Games Catching Fire : $23m-Frozen : $15m-The Hobbit 2 : $60m-Jack Ryan : $34m

Only one $40M+ ?

Only one $40M+ ?

When I created this thread my 2012 forecasts were too optimistic, so I try to be more cautious and realistic.Only 4 movies have the potential to pass $40m IMO : Oz, Monsters University, Iron Man 3 and The Hobbit 2.And it's unlikely all of them will pass this threshold.I think the Russian BO will have a good growth in 2013, but this growth will be more widespread, so we won't have records or anything like that, but we'll have more movies beyond $20m or $30m. So Hollywood will be happy :) Edited by Fullbuster

and The Last Stand?

I wish someone would have numbers this week. But still nothing. Some people say Life of Pi is doing pretty good but still far from any significant breakout. Overall grosses are not bad but they are spreading between six or seven movies. And most of them are local films.

Edited by juni78ukr

According to kinometro both Hobbit and Pi grossed slightly less than 2m yesterday. Around 29m total by now. Cant see more than 45-47m final gross.

Strange...IMDB says the release of Pi is on January 3rd????Hobbit's gross will be close to The Avengers, it's a sure sign that The Avengers was a big success in Russia :DLife of Pi, I expected $13m in Russia, I guess that won't be very far from this number :P