Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

I don't like the new pessimistic Fullbuster. I want the old one back. ;):P

:DI'm still optimistic, but The Hobbit numbers killed the Russian hype :(But you see, my Russian optimism will come back soon enough :P Edited by Hunter X Fullbuster

Kinometro prediction http://www.kinometro.ru/forecast/show/name/prokat_vozglavyat_novinkiLooks like another strong weekend with Django and Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters fighting for the crown (907 and 970 screens). Also open: Monsters, Inc. (610 screens), Parental Guidance (670 screens), A Haunted House (240 screens).

• Like 1

Kinometro prediction http://www.kinometro...glavyat_novinkiLooks like another strong weekend with Django and Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters fighting for the crown (907 and 970 screens). Also open: Monsters, Inc. (610 screens), Parental Guidance (670 screens), A Haunted House (240 screens).

Django Unchained should fit my forecasts : $9m. But I hope that will be more, we never know given it's just predictions :) All this said that would be way better than Jack Reacher which failed.

Updated estimatesLife of Pi 415k Monday, 435k Tuesday, 445k Wednesday - 26.36m totalAnna Karenina 269k + 296k + 291k - 5.69m totalJack Reacher 264k + 275k + 261k - 3.43m total

Life of Pi will pass $30m, that's pretty sure now, it's really impressive. I have a feeling 2013 will be way better than 2012 in Russia, many surprises.Oz and Jack the Giant Slayer should be some of these surprises. Edited by Hunter X Fullbuster

Russian box office surges 8%http://www.variety.c...e/VR1118064767/

Strange, Juni and Hollywood Reporter said +15%.

Hollywood maintained its dominance of the world's fifth biggest movie market with Fox's "Ice Age 4: Continental Drift" grossing $50 million to take top place and, for the first time in a decade, not a single Russian film in the top 10.

Fifth biggest market B)

The 8% increase in overall B.O. take was a reasonable result given the challenging economic conditions in Russia, Semenov said, and he predicted B.O. would grow by between 10% and 12% in 2013."The days when we saw year-on-year increases of 20% or 30% are gone," he added.

Yeah, strong growth is over, around 10% a year will be the norm for this decade. Edited by Hunter X Fullbuster

Hansel and Gretel so far are doing significantly better than Django. But both are also doing better than expected.Holdovers dropped hard.

Hansel and Gretel is a Hollywood movie? I don't know it...If Django performs better than expected it's great news :)

You see harsh drop in Russia can happen in every moment. And word of mouth doesnt mean much. Especially in a week wih five openers taking 3000 screens all together. You cant assume 35-40% drop every week like in US or even 45-50%.

It's why OW numbers are so important in Russia, movies need to go big. Few exceptions, like Avatar.