Eric the Minion

Cinemacon 2022 Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, ringedmortality said:

Wonder if Babylon is going to turn off Academy voters by being a loose adaptation of all the gossip from Hollywood Babylon that makes everyone look like degenerates

Given that the story happened nearly 100 years ago, I doubt it.

But Hollywood Babylon is not exactly a reliable source , siance anger passes quite a bit of questionable material as fact.

But what we do know for a fact about the  goings on in Hollywood in those days is bad enough. It was the behabior of the many celebs as muchs as the movies themselves that brough about the Hays code.

Byt Babylon is my most anticipated film for 2022.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Mostly here for Borderlands news and a random movie getting released in August (gonna be Expendables 4 for sure). Also hoping for some Hunger Games prequel news.

Me too aka Borderlands . First video game movie I am actually taking an real interest in since I love the game so much.

9 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Mostly here for Borderlands news and a random movie getting released in August (gonna be Expendables 4 for sure). Also hoping for some Hunger Games prequel news.

stallone has his superhero movie in august, doubt he'll want to go up against such a mighty foe (himself)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Not even there for John Wick, what happened to my Cjohn

• Sad 1

It feels like Lionsgate is just gonna sit 2022 out tbh. They have John Wick 4 in early 2023 and Hunger Games in late 2023. Those are guaranteed cash infusions. They can release Expendables 4 and Borderlands between them.

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It feels like Lionsgate is just gonna sit 2022 out tbh. They have John Wick 4 in early 2023 and Hunger Games in late 2023. Those are guaranteed cash infusions. They can release Expendables 4 and Borderlands between them.

Maybe they expected more from Moonfall and got blindsided when it flopped as badly as it did, and now they have to play things safe ;_;

Edited by SLAM!
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, datpepper said:

Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes on Nov 17, 2023 according to that BleedingCool live blog

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

If they are expecting other studios to let that pre-Thanksgiving date be for a prequel to a franchise which was limping by the end, I think they will be surprised.