titanic2187

Top Gun: Maverick | Oscar-wining Billionaire | $1.48bn without China!

Overseas this frame, the Tom Cruise phenom added $8.7M in 63 markets, essentially flat with last session. Throughout its 13-week run, the holds on this Joseph Kosinski-directed movie have been out of this world.

Several major markets were up this weekend including Germany (+36%), the UK (+28%) and France (+6%). Elsewhere, Netherlands spiked 46% while Belgium was up 42% and Austria 19%.

TGM is Cruise’s biggest movie of all time. For Paramount, it is the biggest live-action title in 37 offshore markets including the UK, Australia, Brazil, France, Germany, Japan, Korea and Saudi Arabia. 

The UK for its part is on the verge of crossing $100M with $98.5M to date. Despite recent competition from local titles, Japan has reached $85.8M — landing at No. 2 this session and down just 13% from last. Korea’s 9th weekend dipped 22% for a $64.6M cume to date. Australia slid 14% for $62.2M through today and France has hit $54.7M.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

What a legendary run...

The most beautiful thing is how leggy is being, this is really orgasmic to see bumps after 13 weeks, still not locked dometic 700 M, let´s see what happens with the digita release on 23rd, if survives to this, then the magic number will be very very close.
Also fantastic the domestic drop after losing PLF screens, this run after lockdowns and all this shit is being like an oasis in the desert.
very happy for these weeks of b.o. tracking!

7 minutes ago, setna said:

What a legendary run...

The most beautiful thing is how leggy is being, this is really orgasmic to see bumps after 13 weeks, still not locked dometic 700 M, let´s see what happens with the digita release on 23rd, if survives to this, then the magic number will be very very close.
Also fantastic the domestic drop after losing PLF screens, this run after lockdowns and all this shit is being like an oasis in the desert.
very happy for these weeks of b.o. tracking!

Only need one more sub 20 drop and from then a flat labour weekend and magic 700.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, setna said:

it won´t be easy with the digital release, let´s see with happen with this last obstacle!!!

Yep pvod will kill it's extraordinary legs but it only need 17m totally depends on nxt weekend legs.

Fuck paramount for killing the 1m streak and now a potential 700m domestic.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bruce said:

For now Maverick is same legendary run like NWH in my heart after covid

Hey Bruce, i respect your feeling, but in mine has much more merit TGM. First NWH, is a super hero movies, the favourite of youngsters in this age, second TGM had much more rivalry than NWH, and although Tom Cruise is a superstar, is a 60 years old guy that maybe don´t interest much to teenagers.
For me TGM is the most epic run since Avatar.

3 minutes ago, setna said:

Hey Bruce, i respect your feeling, but in mine has much more merit TGM. First NWH, is a super hero movies, the favourite of youngsters in this age, second TGM had much more rivalry than NWH, and although Tom Cruise is a superstar, is a 60 years old guy that maybe don´t interest much to teenagers.
For me TGM is the most epic run since Avatar.

Agree with you,I think Tom Cruise not only a superstar,is already one of the Biggest culture symbol of movie history just like Charlie Chaplin 

Edited by Bruce

1 minute ago, Bruce said:

Agree with you,I think Tom Cruise is already one of the Biggest culture symbol of movie history just like Charlie Chaplin 

That's little bit exaggerating Chaplin is in his own league tc is more like biggest action star.

Hey people, you run a lot with numbers, let´s go step by step, first get this 700 M, you say locked, but i think to wait a little, then Frozen 2 is still far away, and the others milestones are still far far away.
OS is still amazing and can push maybe to Frozen 2, but domestic with this digital release....let´s see, let´s see.