Eric is Quiet

Elemental | Disney/Pixar | June 16, 2023 | What if elements have feelings?????? 😱😱😱😱 | Surprise sleeper hit with the biggest 2023 premiere on Disney+

23 minutes ago, AniNate said:

This definitely makes it sound like there's a lot more to it than "water and fire don't mix!!"

https://www.slashfilm.com/1241099/pixars-elemental-footage-reaction-a-charming-romantic-comedy-simmers-in-a-mesmerizing-world/

Figured they go with this once I heard the plot and was hinted at in the trailer. However, I think showing more of it would help but it’d probably strike a bit too close to Zootopia.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AniNate said:

A very Pixary Pixar trailer, which is not a compliment.

I'll never understand the desire to conceal the narrative depth of their work as much as possible in their trailers. Throwing a bunch of visual gags together just has a numbing effect. I can't imagine any adult skeptics will be convinced by this, and it's not nearly unique looking enough to stand out to kids among all the other animated fare this summer. I want to hope this is shockingly good but man the marketing department is not doing it any favors. They could've at least thrown a Monsters and Men song in.

Can we please not have the faux concern about Disney and Pixar. 

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, YM! is St Peter said:

@AniNate has been arguably the biggest stan of Elemental next to @JWR

Criticism doesn’t equal negativity.

I'm just tired of the 'insert studio here' is dying trope that seem to crop up especially when it comes to Disney and to an extent WB. 

June

02 SPIDER-MAN: ACROSS THE SPIDER-VERSE

16 ELEMENTAL

30 RUBY GILLMAN, TEENAGE KRAKEN

August

04 TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: MUTANT MAYHEM

in order of anticipation

1 ELEMENTAL

2 TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: MUTANT MAYHEM

3 SPIDER-MAN: ACROSS THE SPIDER-VERSE

4 RUBY GILLMAN, TEENAGE KRAKEN

11 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Trailer is very good. But the movie needs to move. This is NOT a good release date. 

Where though? It would seen as a lack of confidence if it was moved to September or October and no doubt some on here would be signing Pixar's death warrant.

Just now, Jonwo said:

Where though? It would seen as a lack of confidence if it was moved to September or October and no doubt some on here would be signing Pixar's death warrant.

I dont know. But this June is definitely the worst spot. Why would a move to an open window signal death warrant !!! It all depends on how its received. Let the reviews out couple of weeks early and if that is great audience will be there. 

• Like 1

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

I dont know. But this June is definitely the worst spot. Why would a move to an open window signal death warrant !!! It all depends on how its received. Let the reviews out couple of weeks early and if that is great audience will be there. 

This place overreacts to anything that involves Pixar as we saw with Lightyear last year.