BO Germany/Austria: Deadpool&Wolverine #1

First trend for Germany's weekend:

#1: Apes2 - 400k admissions

#2: HTTYD2 - 240k (very soft drop)

#3: StepUp5 - 225k

#4: 22JS - 200k

#5: QecqoafaBD - 175k

#6: T4 - 125k

I had hoped for a little more from the openers as well as the french comedy, but very good weekend all the same.

That's great for Dragons! 

• Like 1

22JS total in $s?

Should be at 8,75mil US$ including this weekend in Germany.

Lucy had a huge opening in France!!!!!

I think that it will do good box office in Germany as well!

Hmm, good yes (presales are ok) but I see no blockbuster status. Besson himself is no draw for general audiences; ScaJo is better known but I don't know how far she can carry this. To take a similar (slightly) movie - "Salt" didn't reach 1mil admissions in Germany, and I'd say AngJo is about as much a draw as ScaJo.But of course I'm hoping for the best!

• Like 1

What about Saphirblau. Will it increase or decrease compared to Rubinrot?

Presales for the opening weekend look good but as with most YA stuff, it's probably dropping like a stone the weekend after. Rubinrot was already a bit of a disappointment - the book seems to be a good seller, but the movie had less than 500k admissions in Germany. That should be easy to beat but marketing was tuned down this time (to save money on an already lost cause I guess) and the screencount is also lower afaik. In total I guess it will land near the 500k again.

First trend for the weekend and everything is looking fine, very strong weekend again!

#1: Lucy - 400k admissions

#2: Apes2 - 250k (-35%)

#3: QecqoafaBD - 200k (+5%)

#4: Saphirblau - 200k (much stronger than part1)

#5: HTTYD2 - 175k (-25%)

#6: Planes2 - 150k (lower than P1)

#7: StepUp5 - 100k

As expected, while there's still no blockbuster (T4 is now #1 for 2014 but the 3mil admission mark needed fot the "Golden Screen" seems out of reach), there are a lot of medium-sized hits - 7 movies with more than 100k admissions, the last time we had such a wide competition was back in March.

• Like 4

First trend for the weekend and everything is looking fine, very strong weekend again!

#1: Lucy - 400k admissions

#2: Apes2 - 250k (-35%)

#3: QecqoafaBD - 200k (+5%)

#4: Saphirblau - 200k (much stronger than part1)

#5: HTTYD2 - 175k (-25%)

#6: Planes2 - 150k (lower than P1)

#7: StepUp5 - 100k

As expected, while there's still no blockbuster (T4 is now #1 for 2014 but the 3mil admission mark needed fot the "Golden Screen" seems out of reach), there are a lot of medium-sized hits - 7 movies with more than 100k admissions, the last time we had such a wide competition was back in March.

Great hold for HTTYD2!

• Like 1