IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Deadpool&Wolverine #1

good news ... most estimates went up - latest trend from insidekino:

#1: Lucy - 425k admissions

#2: Apes2 - 240k (-35%)

#3: QecqoafaBD - 230k (+20%)

#4: HTTYD2 - 200k (-15%)

#5: 22JS - 160k (-30%)

#6: Saphirblau - 150k (a bit stronger than part1)

#7: Planes2 - 150k (lower than P1)

#8: StepUp5 - 105k

• Like 3

good news ... most estimates went up - latest trend from insidekino:

#1: Lucy - 425k admissions

#2: Apes2 - 240k (-35%)

#3: QecqoafaBD - 230k (+20%)

#4: HTTYD2 - 200k (-15%)

#5: 22JS - 160k (-30%)

#6: Saphirblau - 150k (a bit stronger than part1)

#7: Planes2 - 150k (lower than P1)

#8: StepUp5 - 105k

Big weekend!

• Like 1

First trend for Germany's weekend:

#1: Ex3 - 300k admissions (Ex2: 440k) - uhoh ...

#2: Lucy - 275k

#3: QecwoafaBD - 250k (flat)

Madame Mallory opens to about 100k, and "Into the Storm" seems a complete flop.

Since Ex3's number includes previews, it might happen that Lucy repeats in #1 for the actual weekend despite a 40% drop.

• Like 3

First trend for Germany's weekend:

#1: Ex3 - 300k admissions (Ex2: 440k) - uhoh ...

#2: Lucy - 275k

#3: QecwoafaBD - 250k (flat)

Madame Mallory opens to about 100k, and "Into the Storm" seems a complete flop.

Since Ex3's number includes previews, it might happen that Lucy repeats in #1 for the actual weekend despite a 40% drop.

The Expendables really takes a hit almost everywhere...I hope GOTG will do well there.

Edited by Fullbuster

The Expendables really takes a hit almost everywhere...I hope GOTG will do well there.

I expect Guardians to land in the 1.5mil admission range in Germany, depending on WOM. Not the best start date imho, obviously Disney was not too sure about the potential. Secretly I hope it can get to T4 (about 2.5mil) but that's dreaming.

• Like 1

I expect Guardians to land in the 1.5mil admission range in Germany, depending on WOM. Not the best start date imho, obviously Disney was not too sure about the potential. Secretly I hope it can get to T4 (about 2.5mil) but that's dreaming.

Well, the world is made by dreamers :D Everything is possible :D

Agree, especially as Bavarians, people from Baden-Württemberg, Hessen, Niedersachsen, Bremen, Rheinland-Pfalz, and Saarland  love to use the cheaper after-main-holiday-time prices in e.g. Italy and will so not even be in a German speaking country

Sachsen might have a lot of people still in transit, as that is their last school holiday weekend, Sachsen-Anhalt too, as they start mid-week and as such the weekend before is usually their transit-weekend too

I would be very happy with 1.5mil admissions since that's Thor 2 level. But I can't see Guardians having more admissions than The Avengers (2.25mil).

• Like 1

Yes I also expect Lucy to win the weekend. Ex3 often had more shows on Wednesday than on Thursday (in my cinema too). But, 300k is not bad at all after all the trouble (Ex1 had 311.346 moviegoers).

Storm Hunters should get around 35k, but it had only 3296 admissions on Thursday so it could be even lower. A bit surprising because it has quite good reviews and enough shows.

I completely forgot to mention that today the first soccer league / 1. Bundesliga started in Germany and it was also broadcasted on tv - a big draw. Despite that the Friday numbers look good so far and perhaps Lucy does not win the weekend :P:

Lucy 54.764 (yesterday 30.450)

The newbies:

Ex3: 85.830 (yesterday 69.818)

Madame Mallory 13.652 (6.376)

Storm Hunters 4.003 (3.296)

I don't know how these guys count these numbers but at least they are always a good indicator.

• Like 2

Yep, Lucy stays in front, Ex3 was extremely frontloaded, with Wed and Thu the big days. I saw it Friday at 10pm in a virtually empty theater (about 30 people in a 500seater). otoh, "The Hundred-Foot Journey" which runs dubbed as "Madame Mallory" is packed, very high PTA and definitely cuts into the business of QecqoafaBD.

T4 is dropping >50%, it will be very close if it can reach T3.

• Like 1

Looks like TE3 will win the weekend.

edit:

Seems like Lucy won the weekend.

:angry::)

At my cinema (a big cinema, mathäser), Ex3 was equally attended from Thursday to at least Saturday. Almost sold out in the evening but Lucy had the (slightly) better noon and afternoon.

Screendaily says Lucy made 3.2M and Ex3 made 3.4M (Ex1 made 3.05 and Ex2 4.2 over 5 days). I think this is from Wednesday to Sunday, no?

Edited by el sid