Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Your wishes don't seem very exciting guys..I mean,the leading teams are quite the same over the years.World Cup would be more intense with a newcomer in the final,an unexpected country nobody could see coming.My favorite countries are the USA and Japan so I would love to see one of them here,or maybe Mexico.Of course it's a long shot but I know the US grows stronger over the years and beat a lot of countries in the last WC,so maybe they could be this unexpected newcomer.It's like the BO numbers,unexpected means exciting :)

Thay you agree that Belgium should win XD

Your wishes don't seem very exciting guys..I mean,the leading teams are quite the same over the years.World Cup would be more intense with a newcomer in the final,an unexpected country nobody could see coming.My favorite countries are the USA and Japan so I would love to see one of them here,or maybe Mexico.Of course it's a long shot but I know the US grows stronger over the years and beat a lot of countries in the last WC,so maybe they could be this unexpected newcomer.It's like the BO numbers,unexpected means exciting :)

I like teams that play good looking football, I'm not going like an underdog that spends the entire game bunkering down.

Also, the US won one game last World Cup, 1-0 against Algeria, I wouldn't call that a lot...

The US is drawn with Ghana, Germany and Portugal. If they make it out of that group, then maybe they can go to the quarters.

Would not want US to reach the finals, because they shit football. Would like teams who play attacking football to reach the later stages of the tournament, traditional heavyweights or not.

Their chance isn't good. Germany is, arguably, the best team in the world and Portugal has Cristiano Ronaldo. Ghana eliminated the US team in 2010. So, there's a really good chance that the US team might end up on the bottle in it's group.

Edited by Wally

The US is drawn with Ghana, Germany and Portugal. If they make it out of that group, then maybe they can go to the quarters.

If they do, they'll, most likely, face Belgium on the round of 16, so I doubt they'd get to the quarters.

I like teams that play good looking football, I'm not going like an underdog that spends the entire game bunkering down.Also, the US won one game last World Cup, 1-0 against Algeria, I wouldn't call that a lot...

Oh,maybe it was in 2006 then..still,I know they will be among the best one day or another.When it comes to sports it's a very motivated country,I'm not worried about that.

I see,it's quite a terrible group to be,like Wally said it will be a tough task.Still it's not impossible,we'll see.France seems to be luckier.

I wonder whether USA making it to the WC finals would make the average American care about it at all.

This following poll does not seem to indicate it being so

Posted Image

Posted Image

62% of Americans don't know what a World cup is...nuff said

link: http://ipsos-na.com/download/pr.aspx?

id=13597

Why would they care? They have the impressive Super Bowl :P

If they do, they'll, most likely, face Belgium on the round of 16, so I doubt they'd get to the quarters.

Why not? I never heard of the Belgian team,I don't see why that could be a problem. Pepsa won't like this comment :pStill,I'm quite ignorant about soccer so..

Why not? I never heard of the Belgian team,I don't see why that could be a problem. Pepsa won't like this comment :PStill,I'm quite ignorant about soccer so..

Only a soccer ignorant would have said that ;) ....they have one of the most talented and upcoming squad in the tournament. And they have individual experience and maturity where you require the most, defense.

But as a unit, in competitions like the WC, thats where they lack collective experience.

The ratings for the world cup in the US are actually quite good. The last world cup final had higher ratings than the average NBA or MLB finals, and far more than any Hockey game has ever made. Only American Football is on another level.

Edited by Tower

The ratings for the world cup in the US are actually quite good. The last world cup final had higher ratings than the average NBA or MLB finals, and far more than any Hockey game has ever made. Only American Football is on another level.

And the timings of the games wont be a problem this time I reckon.