Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

From next week,when the WC is over,I will try to add many stats,some infos and posters to make this thread lively,to offset the lack of daily numbers.Given Brazil will be a very important market in the future I think the thread deserves some attention and caring :)

Edited by Fullbuster

I don't think Dragon will recover, we had a game yesterday, If Brazil advances to the final, we'll play on Sunday, if we lose to Germany, we'll play on Saturday.

In the first weekend after the WC (17-20 June) both TF4 and Planes will open.

I don't think Dragon will recover, we had a game yesterday, If Brazil advances to the final, we'll play on Sunday, if we lose to Germany, we'll play on Saturday.In the first weekend after the WC (17-20 June) both TF4 and Planes will open.

I forgot about Planes 2,it's a direct competition for Dragon 2..

When I think about Brazil and BO I really wonder why no movie can reach $100m there,despite South Korea and Russia did it with lower and older populations,even Spain did it.With its population reaching 201m (it's like Germany and Japan combined) the potential is huge,and we could see a lot of movies reaching 100m there in the future.But the development seems a bit slow right now,30m isn't easy to reach.I really hope Brazil's BO can take off and surprise us.The Avengers 2 and Avatar 2 would be perfect for that.

Brazil is also poorer than those countries, and Avatar wasn't as strong in Latin America as elsewhere.

Brazil is also poorer than those countries, and Avatar wasn't as strong in Latin America as elsewhere.

the last time I bought a cinema ticket in Brazil "Super_Xuxa_contra_Baixo_Astral" ( I did not understand a single word, but the girl was cute), it was very cheap

the last time I bought a cinema ticket in Brazil "Super_Xuxa_contra_Baixo_Astral" ( I did not understand a single word, but the girl was cute), it was very cheap

Tickets are cheap in Brazil,and everything else is terribly expensive (Hi dear $1000 iPhone :D )

Rio 2 : 28.5mCaptain America 2 : 28.3mMaleficent : 26.9mMaleficent will beat them very soon.By the way I still don't understand why Frozen couldn't do more than 21.7m there,the potential was much bigger I think.

My friend said that he go to theater (In one of the most popular cinemas in town) to see HTTYD2, and said that the movie was not playing. Then he had to watch X-men. :blink:And it was Wednesday.WTF?

That's weird..
  • Like 1

Tickets are cheap in Brazil,and everything else is terribly expensive (Hi dear $1000 iPhone :D )

Actually, it's not so cheap (US$ 12 or more at weekends in the best theaters). But, in Brazil, students and seniores can pay half price (then US$ 6,00). And at weekdays is cheaper.In this site, There are a lot of information:http://www.mpaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/MPAA-Theatrical-Market-Statistics-2013_032514-v2.pdf
  • Like 1

Actually, it's not so cheap (US$ 12 or more at weekends in the best theaters). But, in Brazil, students and seniores can pay half price (then US$ 6,00).And at weekdays is cheaper.In this site, There are a lot of information:http://www.mpaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/MPAA-Theatrical-Market-Statistics-2013_032514-v2.pdf

Couldn't find any information about brazilian prices in this article.

Anyway, very few theaters charge $12, tickets cost something around 8 ~ 11 dollars at weekends for 2D movies. But yeah, you have all the weekdays/students discounts, I usually pay 2 bucks to see a movie.