Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Wow, I didn't watch the exchange rates for a while but that's not good, the Real lost 5% of its value in 2 weeks, what the hell happened?

That definitely won't help...

That's weird because the economy is back on track, the dollar mostly weakened, the election will be in September....just weird.

57 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Wow, I didn't watch the exchange rates for a while but that's not good, the Real lost 5% of its value in 2 weeks, what the hell happened?

That definitely won't help...

That's weird because the economy is back on track, the dollar mostly weakened, the election will be in September....just weird.

:hahaha:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Durden said:

:hahaha:

I'm only establishing the facts: growth is back, jobs are created...

You not feeling it personally is a completely different subject, not everyone will feel the things the same in a country with more than 200 million inhabitants.

Brazil Wriggles Out of Recession, Foresees Strong Economic Growth

Slowing inflation, record low interest rates, and increasing demand for oil and copper have propped up consumer spending, allowing the stock market to hit new heights.

http://www.nearshoreamericas.com/brazil-wriggles-recession-foresees-strong-economic-growth/

Edited by Fullbuster

6 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

I'm only establishing the facts: growth is back, jobs are created...

You not feeling it personally is a completely different subject, not everyone will feel the things the same in a country with more than 200 million inhabitants.

Brazil Wriggles Out of Recession, Foresees Strong Economic Growth

Slowing inflation, record low interest rates, and increasing demand for oil and copper have propped up consumer spending, allowing the stock market to hit new heights.

http://www.nearshoreamericas.com/brazil-wriggles-recession-foresees-strong-economic-growth/

Durden is right, though. Jobs have been created, yes, but several of these jobs are just temporary. In the next 2 or 3 months, people will be looking for another job again. Besides, people barely get enough money to pay their bills. That's because the salary is really low.  So you have a lot of jobs where people barely get paid.

They're slowing inflation, yeah, but that means nothing because what's the point of slowing inflation if people don't have enough money to buy things? Now it doesn't matter anymore. Prices are still high, they hardly fall. 

The whole article feels damage control and unfortunately I'm afraid that's the case. 

You can only feel these things and see these things if you live here in Brazil. Don't believe everything that comes from these articles.

However, unlike in 2014, 2015 and 2016 where the economy retracted. 2017 is going to show a increase. IMF and other experts (BC, FGV) estimate a economy gain of around 0.7% to possibly 1.1% it varies depending on the expert, official numbers will be released in early March. 

It not a fast process and it doesn't suddenly change from one moment to another but the economy has however crawled out recession which is a positive. 

Life for my family that lives in Brazil has not improved substantially just because of that its still quite hard especially money wise and security.

But this sort of thing doesn't immediately effect the general public it takes time.

The ER situation is related to the unsure situation around the pension reform voting. 

Does anybody have an info about pre-sales. I checked the IMAX screen here at Belo Horizonte and the midnight screening is sold out except three front rows and during the days it's selling out at night time too. I don't think Black Panther will make too much this week due to Carnival (people are still recovering from hangover), but I expect to have incredible legs. 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, AlanMarquesLeal said:

Does anybody have an info about pre-sales. I checked the IMAX screen here at Belo Horizonte and the midnight screening is sold out except three front rows and during the days it's selling out at night time too. I don't think Black Panther will make too much this week due to Carnival (people are still recovering from hangover), but I expect to have incredible legs. 

Great info to hear and welcome to BOT

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlanMarquesLeal said:

I'll be watching it tomorrow here in Rio de Janeiro, so I'll be able to tell you how busy will be the screenings. ;)

Welcome

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AlanMarquesLeal said:

Welcome :)

TODAY IN BRAZIL : Black Panther :)

2291532.jpg

Black Panther benefits from 1,200 screens in Brazil for its OW, it's high but less than Fifty Shades 3 (1,500).

Black panther being good and successful in Brazil could help Avengers 3 when it comes to hype!

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

It seems that every Disney movie will be opening in less screens than the usual because of the whole "Disney wanting 52% of the revenues from brazilian cinemas".

Yeah, that seems to be the case. 

I hope it's just speculation from you because I wouldn't like this at all...I mean, it was only about Coco right? This boycott has no reason to go on...

Brazil Military Takes Control of Rio de Janeiro’s Security

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-16/brazil-military-takes-control-of-rio-de-janeiro-public-security

I know it's off-thread but I can't stop being amazed at the situation in Brazil when it comes to security :o

I learned last year that Brazil had more murders than the USA, Europe, Canada, China, Russia and Japan combined but still..now this? :o

• Sad 1