Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

1 minute ago, Fullbuster said:

It'll make your expectations for Endgame more reasonable, you'll be better for it 😛

How can you possibly make my $30m OW/ $65m second weekend total any better, seems flawless to me :redcapes:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Also what I remember I was always the optimistic one and you were more pessimistic. IW mostly fell in the middle of our projections. 

Nah, I'm not pessimistic (on the contrary, very optimistic as a person) but I'm just trying to be reasonable in order not to be disappointed.

When I came here in 2012 I always had crazy expectations but the reality was far below in the huge majority of times, it pretty much rained on my parades ^^" Since then I did pretty well in terms of projections and it makes me happy when it does more than I expected :)

7 minutes ago, pepsa said:

How can you possibly make my $30m OW/ $65m second weekend total any better, seems flawless to me :redcapes:

Not with this ER lol

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Not with this ER lol

So you are saying that 114m lc OW is unreasonable 😛

It only needs to double the recordbreaking OW from IW ;) 

Edited by pepsa
  • Astonished 1

37 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Given how well BATB did in Brazil ($41m USD), what can we hope/expect from The Lion King when it comes? Is 150m lc possible? 

It might be able to do that still that would 'only' be $39.4m so it will be hard to match BATB.

4 minutes ago, pepsa said:

It might be able to do that still that would 'only' be $39.4m so it will be hard to match BATB.

Yea I've reserved myself to the fact that ER could hurt it a lot in Brazil. At the XR from March 2017 (when BATB dropped), 150m lc would be almost $10m more than it is today. It sucks, but what can you do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VenomXXR said:

Yea I've reserved myself to the fact that ER could hurt it a lot in Brazil. At the XR from March 2017 (when BATB dropped), 150m lc would be almost $10m more than it is today. It sucks, but what can you do.

It's been that way since summer 2015 and it'll last for quite some time, that's the new normal...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

It's been that way since summer 2015 and it'll last for quite some time, that's the new normal...

The sad reality atm :( EG could use that ER from 2017 (then we were complaining it was bad incomarison with 2012) but now it's even worse.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, pepsa said:

The sad reality atm :( EG could use that ER from 2017 (then we were complaining it was bad incomarison with 2012) but now it's even worse.

I think Endgame can still pull 220m lc, but that would unfortunately still be a drop in USD from Infinity War (about $8m).

6 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Just think how cathartic it will be when the ER is finally good again and Brazil is banging out occasional 100+ grosses like UK, SK, and Japan.

The market has the potential to be quite bigger than Japan on the long run :)

Translated from Portuguese by

distributed by the has just passed at this end the mark of 5.5 million viewers. In Addition to being the second largest historical debut in the , the film is first in the ranking of 2019 With R $93 million in .

TOP 10 Final de Semana 14 a 17/03:

1. Capitã Marvel

2. O Parque Dos Sonhos

3. Vingança A Sangue Frio

4. Maligno

5. A Caminho De Casa

6. Green Book

7. Cinderela Pop

8. Um Amor Inesperado

9. Suprema

10. A Mula

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

Translated from Portuguese by

distributed by the has just passed at this end the mark of 5.5 million viewers. In Addition to being the second largest historical debut in the , the film is first in the ranking of 2019 With R $93 million in .

TOP 10 Final de Semana 14 a 17/03:

1. Capitã Marvel

2. O Parque Dos Sonhos

3. Vingança A Sangue Frio

4. Maligno

5. A Caminho De Casa

6. Green Book

7. Cinderela Pop

8. Um Amor Inesperado

9. Suprema

10. A Mula

R$93m in 10 days is excellent, it's gonna reach Wonder Woman by Sunday.

2 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

R$93m in 10 days is excellent, it's gonna reach Wonder Woman by Sunday.

2 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Dumbo : March 28

CM still has time before any competition comes and takes a few screens from it.

I feel like it has a chance at reaching Black Panther before Shazam's release.

BP had 121.5m lc total right?

So captain has 93m lc after 10 days. 50.5m lc OW means a 42.5m lc second week so this week monday to friday is likely to do 21m lc total up to 114m lc than we the week with Dumbo my guess would be drop of 60% that would mean: 8.4m lc 122.4 after the 28 march weekend. Tbh I think it might be more like 124m lc - 126m lc by then. Then a very big drop when Shazam opens. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pepsa said:

BP had 121.5m lc total right?

So captain has 93m lc after 10 days. 50.5m lc OW means a 42.5m lc second week so this week monday to friday is likely to do 21m lc total up to 114m lc than we the week with Dumbo my guess would be drop of 60% that would mean: 8.4m lc 122.4 after the 28 march weekend. Tbh I think it might be more like 124m lc - 126m lc by then. Then a very big drop when Shazam opens. 

All these numbers and stats...on a monday! My head hurts, you nerd! 😏

Spoiler

More seriously, this week's monday-to-friday could be less, 21m seems similar to last week so that would be quite the legs, if that's the case it'll need more time to reach BP so...that's why I said before Shazam.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1