Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

23 minutes ago, Flamengo81 said:

So... a 43% drop? Any comps? This should indicate how it will play over the week...

I don't have comps unfortunately. Is a bit harder to find old data of the weekdays, unless someone posted in this thread back in the day. But I feel this already tells much on how Batman will play out: strong holds on the weekends and more light numbers on the weekdays.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

ThatWaluigiDude, when you book tickets please enjoy the film in IMAX/4DX + in Sub? Also tell me how much you like the film in compare to other anime films?

Brazil is very lacking in the IMAX and premium screens department. I think we only have like 15 or so IMAX screens over here. So there is a good chance that Waluigi does not leaves near an IMAX.

• Sad 1

Without IMAX/4DX, certain films look like filler effect like we are just in 1990s, I hope/pray Brazil Standard screen deliver the quality of an premium formats, for maximize &best experience in screen!!!

BTW, I am sorry to him as I am not aware of Brazil's premium screen counts (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ

2 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Without IMAX/4DX, certain films look like filler effect like we are just in 1990s, I hope/pray Brazil Standard screen deliver the quality of an premium formats, for maximize &best experience in screen!!!

BTW, I am sorry to him as I am not aware of Brazil's premium screen counts (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ

Right now,I'm just glad if it gets released in my city lol

Did not had that luck with Sword Art Online 😅

Edited by ThatWaluigiDude
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

Brazil is a big market just because of the sheer amount of people and the BRL being a relatively strong currency. The theater industry is VERY lacking, we just have 3500~ theaters screens in the entire country which is half of Mexico's despite Brazil having 85M more population. If Brazil had Mexico's movie theater infrastructure it would probably be the 4th or 5th biggest market in the world. Animes would heavily benefit from it because they are huge here.

• Astonished 1

30 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

I want Brazil to become the biggest Anime Market in America!!! Brazilian show what you can do!!!! I believe in you all 🤞

The biggest benefited would be Dragon Ball because it's by far the most popular anime here. Dragon Ball Super Broly did very good  business over here.

On 3/16/2022 at 2:44 AM, Flamengo81 said:

The biggest benefited would be Dragon Ball because it's by far the most popular anime here. Dragon Ball Super Broly did very good  business over here.

DB probably biggest anime of all-time in the entire world,it's already the culture symbol of Japan,for comp,it't just like Bruce Lee's meaning to Chinese

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

Jujutsu Kaisen 0 just got delayed. Crunchyroll didn't gave a new date, but they are supposed to announce it soon.

I didn't said anything but unfortunately I had this feelling. Promotional campaign started late and the pre sales just refused to begin.

Update: no word from Crunchyroll yet, but Sony's calendar updated with an april 28 release date. Same day as Downtown Abbey and Unbearable Weight of Nicolas Cage, one week before Dr Strange.

• Sad 1

Actuals for The Batman are R$92.4M (-38% for the weekend), 4.7M tickets solds so far.

Unrelated, but I underestimated how late the marketing for Jujutsu Kaisen 0 started. First dubbed trailer only came out two days before the delay 😶

• Like 3

Box office 17 - 20 march

Movie Box Office (R$)             Total (R$)    Admissions total (Est)
1 The Batman 12.194.000 92.811.000 4.700.000
2 The Bad Guys 3.100.000 3.100.000 155.3200
3 Uncharted 1.234.000 25.579.000 1.380.000
4 The Banishing 627.000 850.000 45.200
5 Blacklight 342.000 1.300.000 66.100

Belfast

283.000 820.000 32.490
7 Drive My Car 172.000 172.000 7.290
8 Hearth of Fire 124.000 316.783.000 208.000
9 Vale Night 122.000 122.000 6.250
10 Tarcisilinha 87.000 87.000 6.900

LC: $1 = R$4.94

Bye bye No Way Home...

This weekend is back to bellow 1 million tickets sold total as the new releases failed to set the country on fire. Bad Guys opened with less than half of Sing 2, but I can see it having pretty good legs until Sonic comes. Also for this weekend, Filme B and Comscore disagreed with The Batman's numbers, with Comscore reporting R$11.8M and Filme B R$12.194M.

Next weekend is time for Ambulance, The Worst Person in the World, Wife of a Spy and the brazilians Terapia da Vingança and Me Tira da Mira. Very curious on how that last one will perform BTW.

• Like 1