Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

The Academy is not about popularity, at least not GA popularity. If they were, Avatar would have won Best Picture instead of The Hurt Locker.The Academy is insular, it's generally Hollywood awarding itself, their decisions are not based on popularity. Maybe popularity WITHIN the Hollywood community itself, but even that is suspect (there's a reason Harvey Weinstein is repeatedly accused of having bought Miramax/TWC's Best Picture wins).I do agree with you that the Academy is in many, many respects a corrupt institution. I won't go into any more detail.

Edited by TServo2049

So Dragon 2 is around 24.2m, 25m is possible after all. 16.4m for Apes 2 is great, it can pass 20m, maybe it could double Apes 1?Already 25.3m for TF4, Katch 22 will be happy ^^

I am. :lol:

And since TF4 already passed 1b the rest of it's run is just gravy. I didn't believe it could hit that mark with all the hates it'd been getting. :huh:

• Like 1

The Academy is not about popularity, at least not GA popularity. If they were, Avatar would have won Best Picture instead of The Hurt Locker.The Academy is insular, it's generally Hollywood awarding itself, their decisions are not based on popularity. Maybe popularity WITHIN the Hollywood community itself, but even that is suspect (there's a reason Harvey Weinstein is repeatedly accused of having bought Miramax/TWC's Best Picture wins).I do agree with you that the Academy is in many, many respects a corrupt institution. I won't go into any more detail.

In the animation category it is about popularity.

In BP, popularity has nothing to do with it.

yeah but it's an award for best animated feature, not for most advanced technics applied to animation

I know,I just say it's a critical part of this kind of movies for many people. Edited by Fullbuster

Yes, weekend in Brazil now is thursday - sunday. The movies are released in thursdays since april I think.

Yes, indeed.

About GOTG : No competition until TMNT so everything should be fine, TMNT won't be a big threat anyway but TMNT could do pretty well in Brazil I feel it.

TOP 10 OF THE YEAR (IN REAIS / LOCAL CURRENCY)

1.Maleficent (74m)

2.The Fault in Our Stars (69m)

3.Noah (68m)

4.X-Men DOFP (64.2m)

5.Rio 2 (64m)

6.Captain America 2 (63m)

7.Transformers 4 (55.4m)

8.The Amazing Spiderman 2 (55.2m)

9.How To Train Your Dragon 2 (53.5m)

10.Frozen (48m)

Edited by Fullbuster