Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

" Tudo dependerá do que for deliberado pela Ancine após ouvir o máximo de pessoas do setor e consultar as leis de regulações de outros países, principalmente da França, que é o berço da regulação cinematográfica no mundo." it makes me laugh

http://www.filmeb.com.br/noticias/opiniao/pode-se-limitar-o-tamanho-de-um-lancamento

When a country tries to emulate French laws you already know it's going in the wrong direction. Poor Brazil....

• Like 1

again, anyone who agrees with Ancine should watch "Bailout" Parks and Recreation episode right now. It teaches why that much government intervention is bad in a light and comedic way

Edited by Goffe Ascending
  • Like 2

LOL, so many embarrassing opinions all over this post right now.

The French regulation law is actually really good for French cinema and economy, whether you guys like it on a personal level or not. South Korea also has a similar law in place and it's been amazing for the development of their audiovisual market as a whole.

'and Brazil have bolstered the bird’s fortunes, both already zooming in on more than 65% of Catching Fire’s final gross. In Mexico, the Francis Lawrence-directed Mockingjay added $4.4M this frame for an $18.5M cume, and in Brazil, it took $3.4M for a $14.3M cume.'

http://deadline.com/2014/11/international-box-office-hunger-games-mockingjay-penguins-madagascar-paddington-horrible-bosses-interstellar-weekend-results-1201302872/

• Like 2

LOL, so many embarrassing opinions all over this post right now.

The French regulation law is actually really good for French cinema and economy, whether you guys like it on a personal level or not. South Korea also has a similar law in place and it's been amazing for the development of their audiovisual market as a whole.

Yeah, but if other countries want to do the same: for example Belgium the frensh goverment is mad at us because there movies would be mal treaten by the law.

:

Barely registered here but read a lot of your bullsh*t and constant derailing on this topic (no wonder Brazil's thread is so messy compared to the other ones, so many silly arguments. And I'm contributing to that *facepalm*).... and it's plainly obvious you don't know ANYTHING about this law and yet you talk with so much confidence, it's absolutely ridiculous, especially considering it is a fact this law works. You just have to look at the state of the French and South Korean film industry compared to the country's where those laws aren't in place (trust me, the difference is huge). Embarrassing that you seem so proud of your ignorance. Stupid and uselessly costly? Yeah sweetheart, not even wasting my time arguing with you when your points are so moot. Just go and do some research.

Edited by k1stpierre
  • Like 1

I don't agree with him at all, but there is no need to use that kind of personal attack.

This guy clearly registered to troll, a normal person doesn't attack people in her/his first day, so who cares?

Edited by Fullbuster

top 10 Brazil

(R$)

1 THG3 8.834.621

2 Debi & Loide 2 4.025.441

3 John Wick 1.602.944

4 Interestelar 1.109.586

5 Boa sorte 749.631

6 Drácula - A história... 496.422

7 Irmã Dulce 493.880

8 O casamento de Gorete 321.714

9 Relatos selvagens 292.996

10 Sétimo 247.628

THG ADM :: 3M+

http://www.filmeb.com.br

• Like 1

top 10 Brazil

(R$)

1 THG3 8.834.621

2 Debi & Loide 2 4.025.441

3 John Wick 1.602.944

4 Interestelar 1.109.586

5 Boa sorte 749.631

6 Drácula - A história... 496.422

7 Irmã Dulce 493.880

8 O casamento de Gorete 321.714

9 Relatos selvagens 292.996

10 Sétimo 247.628

THG ADM :: 3M+

http://www.filmeb.com.br

Hobbit 3 soon :D

Barely registered here but read a lot of your bullsh*t and constant derailing on this topic (no wonder Brazil's thread is so messy compared to the other ones, so many silly arguments. And I'm contributing to that *facepalm*).... and it's plainly obvious you don't know ANYTHING about this law and yet you talk with so much confidence, it's absolutely ridiculous, especially considering it is a fact this law works. You just have to look at the state of the French and South Korean film industry compared to the country's where those laws aren't in place (trust me, the difference is huge). Embarrassing that you seem so proud of your ignorance. Stupid and uselessly costly? Yeah sweetheart, not even wasting my time arguing with you when your points are so moot. Just go and do some research.

I don't know what Fullbuster said about this law but judging from what he has said in other threads in the past, I can easily be persuaded that he's wrong and that whoever's against him is right.

Registering recently doesn't mean that someone is dumb and unexperienced in judging whether laws are good/effective. It also doesn't mean his opinion counts less than others.

Edited by Quigley
  • Like 1

Well, it's a very stressing situation right now, I'm under a strong pressue so I can be easily irritated.

I don't intend to apologize though, a newcomer doesn't have to start with attacks. Disagreeing with me is fine, disagreeing with me in such an arrogant manner is not fine at all. So I don't especially regret this.