Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

maybe, maybe not

I think 50 Shades is locked to sell 5m tickets, around 8m would be my prediction.

It's not an easy number for TA2 to beat

I'm not totally sure about this, Twilight needed several years to reach this number so can 50 Shades do it out of the gate?

The Avengers 2, in the other hand, will benefit from the success of the first one and the growth of several franchises such as Captain America, Iron Man and Thor.

How can you say it's the ceiling? The BO is growing, there is potential for much more!

Brazil is not growing that fast. You are predicting OW to increase too much. That rarely happens. Plus Marvel films are popular but I feel women directed movies tend to explode more. So I can believe goffe when he predicts 50 shades to out open Avengers 2.

Brazil is not growing that fast. You are predicting OW to increase too much. That rarely happens. Plus Marvel films are popular but I feel women directed movies tend to explode more. So I can believe goffe when he predicts 50 shades to out open Avengers 2.

Well, it's possible but I hope it won't happen.

Yes, but the haters are helping with the WOM (lol), I imagine 50 shades making huge numbers in the first movie, and then, drop hard in the sequels.

lool   :lol: maybe non-fans go to the cinema to watch it for "avacalhar" (like happened with twilght)

i don't know if it will have a hard drop, but i hope a considerable drop at least for the second.

Well, the main force of this movie is similar to Twilight : many men will watch it because their girlfriends will make sure they'll go with them :P

But it could be a good thing, after all these ladies will be quite excited after the movie so that could end well for the guys once they're back in bed :P