Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

I think Minions will gross between 39 and 40 million USD by the end of its run in Brazil.

Now of course Ice Age 4 scored 55 million (with less tickets in Brazil) but because of the terrible exchange rate, Minions will probably not cross 40 million if am not wrong.

It will pass DM2, that's still a prowess.

After only 4 weeks, Minions is already the biggest animated movie of history in Brazil:

01. Minions – R$ 96 milhões

02. Ice Age 4 - R$ 94 milhões

03. Ice Age 3 - R$ 81 milhões

04. Despicable Me 2 - R$ 80 milhões

05. Shrek 3 - R$ 70 milhões

Jesus Christ!!!!

The top five is a pile of crap! Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 2

After only 4 weeks, Minions is already the biggest animated movie of history in Brazil:

01. Minions – R$ 96 milhões

02. Ice Age 4 - R$ 94 milhões

03. Ice Age 3 - R$ 81 milhões

04. Despicable Me 2 - R$ 80 milhões

05. Shrek 3 - R$ 70 milhões

Jesus Christ!!!!

The top five is... a pile of crap!

THE GOOD DINOSAUR from Pixar will be released this year, if Brazil boycotts it like IO they will be beyond saving..Look how beautiful it is!

not realy fond of the dising of the dino's would have wanted some more detials and beter cgi. But that just me :)

not realy fond of the dising of the dino's would have wanted some more detials and beter cgi. But that just me :)

Simplicity is better sometimes, he's very cute actually. The other dinos in the trailer are more like what you expect.

• Like 1

There are no boycott, the problem is that it was released too close of Minions, and it lost a lot of theaters too early

IO needed more time to enjoy its WOM..Minions are loved by young people and they're an established franchise so they got the priority. Technically The Good Dinosaur won't be impended by this kind of competition at the end of the year.

My wife is Brazilian and she is Disney crazy and it's almost a right of passage for high school kids to go to WDW. Yet, Disney and Pixar movies tend to struggle there compared to lesser quality films. What gives?

It's a mystery..My guess is that these lesser quality movies are less subtle and more childish in terms of humor so kids in some countries like Brazil and Russia can understand these movies more and that makes them more appealing. Disney/Pixar movies generally target a wider audience (kids, teens, adults) so they're more artistic and the humor is more subtle.

I could be wrong but I see it that way.